“Fast service with good sushi!”
Review of Raku

Raku
Reserve with OpenTable
Raku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 102 Restaurants in Edina
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: France Ave.
Reviewed 28 April 2016

We arrived on a Saturday night around 5:30 PM and did not have to wait to be seated. The restaurant is clean and the wait staff was very friendly and helpful with what to order. I am not a regular sushi eater, but my cousin talked me into trying this place. My cousin goes here regularly and the staff stopped by to say hi to her. I do not eat any of the raw sushi so I wasn't sure I would find something I liked. At the waiter's suggestion I ordered the captain crunch roll and it was very good! For the area I thought that the food was very moderately priced. I would go back!

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

We stopped in one evening for a quick dinner. The restaurant was surprisingly not busy at all. Service was prompt and friendly. The sushi was just ok and unfortunately the prices are premium. I'd try another option in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 1 April 2016

We decided to try this new place out for lunch. Two couples and both of us could not see beyond the wonderfully described yellow curry seafood dish. We ordered toward shared the plates.

This dish was wonderfully prepared, with a just slightly thicker than normal curry sauce with just they right balance in flavors. Each lunch dish had several large shrimps, mussels, and calamari, plus some scallops and fish. It was a Monday, but nevertheless the fish was superb.

Service was fine - the server maybe a little curt but the host filled in superbly.

We had just come back from Telluride, and after visiting "one of the finest Thai places" in that trendy locale we will all tell you that this one is far better.

Reviewed 25 December 2015

Even after reading many bad reviews, we decided to give this place a shot since we needed to eat and shop. We were seated promptly but she didn't take our drink order for 10 minutes. We waited another 10 minutes to get the drinks, which were tasty specialty cocktails. Then waited more for her to take our order. The food really is good. We had the tuna pizza which sounds odd but is a new way for me to eat tuna. We got 2 rolls which were also beautiful and tasty. The miso soup was comforting for a MN winter day. Parking is either in the grocery lot (good luck snagging a spot) or in the 3 free parking ramps around 50th & France. If you're in the area and want sushi, I'd give this place a shot, but don't expect to zip in and out quickly.

Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

Beautiful setting. Good service. Delicious food. Generous portions. Tastefully presented. Many options to choose from. Buttery crab bisque. Creamy Phillie rolls.

Been to Raku? Share your experiences!