US$108
US$115
Rodeway Inn(Wahpeton)
US$73
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2015

To be fair, we did not stay in one of the regular rooms. They were booked (as were most of the hotels in town) but the manager offered us a room above the office. He did tell me, "It's not for everyone" and was upfront that the bathroom was in the hall. He offered me a very cheap price so I took it. We are not too picky and thought we could handle it for just one night. When we arrived the smell of cigarette smoke was so strong we smelled it outside the building. The manager led us up creaky old stairs with a strong smell of mildew with junk stacked next to them. The room itself was more of an attic room with low ceilings, vintage furniture, old blue carpet from the 1960s, a window air conditioner and a large TV. The bathroom in the hall was what you might expect at your Grandparents farm house they moved out of several years ago. I want to be totally fair. The manager was kind enough to offer us this room at a very cheap price. It is not a regular motel room. The room is adequate if you are a single male on a budget and not picky or easily scared. I felt a little uneasy about the room and I am not usually like that. We had our baby with us and decided not to even spend the night. The manager was gone and we just left, having already paid for the room. From the outside, the rest of the motel rooms looked a little dated. I saw one guest that looked a little intimidating if you are a single female. I had the impression that he was a long term guest on a limited income. This motel does not seem to be located near any eating places or stores within walking distance. The manager said there was a lake with a nice beach one mile away. Again, the manager was helpful, the room was worse than expected. I wish he would have mentioned the smoking smell upfront.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family