“Huge rooms and great showers”

Timberlake Lodge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is a fairly new hotel and probably the best now in Grand Rapids. Its sits behind the Sper 8 motel and has a large carpark. As the name would suggest it`s like a huge log cabin with a warm rustic reception area. Staff are warm and welcoming and check in was fast and easy. The room was very large and very comfortable. Big plus point in the bathroom with huge shower (could hold six people) with two showers heads and also extra sprays at mid body points.

The bar area also seemed to have good food as it was busy and the portions we saw looked excellent. We got "Buy one get one free" vouchers for drinks when we checked in and this was a nice touch. The hotel also have a waterpark to keep families amused and overall I was very impressed

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Public Relations Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear Hammy59, Thank you for your kind review. We are very glad to hear that you had such a great experience during your stay with us. We strive to provide each guest with that same experience. We hope you are able to stay with us again shortly. Thanks again!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Excellent hotel, very pleasant surprise for a smaller market hotel. Super clean, friendly staff, great free breakfast, awesome dual head shower made for a most enjoyable stay. Only average thing was the bed--a little soft and saggy for me. Would highly recommend, and look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool if you prefer a quiet room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We had a very nice stay @ Timberlake Lodge. The hotel and rooms are great. The pool was nice. The food was great... We had a very affordably priced "March Madness" room rate which included free breakfast. The breakfast was a buffet and it was great! The waterslide was turned off while we were there as it was slower but all we had to do was ask and they turned it on and had a staff member there attending to the waterslide. We also enjoyed their pasta night in the restuarant where they make pasta to order from a tableside grill. Overall it was a great stay and we highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Public Relations Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Hello Waconia Bill: Thank you for your kind review of our property. We are glad that you had a nice stay and were able to take advantage of all that we have to offer. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again shortly!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was one of the nicest hotels/motels I have ever stayed in. It was very, very clean, quiet and the staff were all so very nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bevjmurray
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Being the professional business traveller, I always prefer to stay in Marriott Hotels when available. This business trip took me to the northern part of Minnesota to Grand Rapids. Being a small town, there were really no chain hotels close by so I opted for the Timberlake Lodge, and what a truly GREAT place! This place exceeded all my expectations. From the moment I entered the rustic lobby, I felt as though I was in a nice ski lodge. The front desk staff were welcoming, and friendly. Entering my room, I was pleasantly surprised to see how clean and new looking everything was. The rooms are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves, a large flat screen TV, and a very comfortable bed. There is a nice desk for working, and two comfortable chairs. Very spacious rooms! I saved the best part for last (or almost last). The bathroom was large, and had a huge walk in shower, with shower heads on two walls. But wait, there's more. In addition to the two shower heads, there are two body sprayer jets on each side for a total of two shower heads and four jets. I couldn't wait to get in after a long day of work to walk into the shower, and just stand there being sprayed from all directions. I wouldn't get out until I was almost a prune. Glad I wasn't paying the water bill. The only thing missing was my wife. You get the picture. On top of the already top notch room, there was free wifi in the rooms, and breakfast was included. What more could you ask for? Now, if you have your kids with you, or if you are a big kid, there is a large indoor pool area with a water slide, large hot tub, and climate controlled so you don't have to worry about freezing. The entire place was very clean, with top notch service from the entire staff. The General Manager here really knows how to make guests feel welcome and comfortable. There is also a great restaurant here on property, with excellent food at reasonable prices for a hotel. Usually you can always find a negative no matter where you stay, but I couldn't. This place is a hidden gem in northern Minnesota. Whether here for business, pleasure, or romantic getaway, this is the place. If you are a Judy Garland fan, this is her hometown and there is a museum in the town as well. When back in this area, I will always stay here. You can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business