“decent”

Got a photo?
Add it.
A & L Chinese Restaurant
Reviewed 12 February 2015

stopped for lunch recently, decent food. i had kung pao, which wasn't very spicy. decent flavor. price was pretty cheap, service was decent. this is most certainly not the best chinese food in the twin cities. grand szechuan in bloomington is many levels above this. that being said, for the location, not bad and good value.

Date of visit: February 2015
1  Thank wuzed111

Reviewed 3 December 2014

Atmosphere aside. This is probably some of the best tasting Chinese food I have had in the Twin Cities area. At first glance the place looks like it is going to be pretty average, but the food will surprise you. We have gone back again and again. The price is comparable to most carry-out Chinese restaurants. Which is cheap, in my opinion, for what you get from them.

We have since moved out of the area, but when we visit, we usually try to stop by there. Word must be getting out, when we first started going, there was not many customers. The last couple times we went, the number has definitely increased. So much so, that the small staff was having a bit of a hard time keeping up... while it took a little longer to get my food that day, I was still happy to dig right in. I hope they continue to grow.

Date of visit: November 2014
1  Thank Zeven81
Reviewed 5 November 2014

Stopped in here for lunch today and I have to say that this was the best tasting Chinese food that I have ever tasted. Service was really good. The restaurant is a little old and shows a bit but was clean and friendly. Not only was the food great tasting but the price was so reasonable. I will differently return soon.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I visited my friends and they brought me to this restaurant for dim sum. From the outside, the restaurant did not look like they have any good dim sum at all. But my goal was to hang out with my old friends who have not seen for a while, it did not matter. My friends ordered good number of dim sum and beef Chow Mein. They are all surprisingly good. We ordered carrot cake, chicken feet, BBQ pork bun, shrimp dumpling, and many others. I was happy with all their food (Note - I have dim sum many many many times since I was kid).

The waiter is very friendly and service overall is very good, which is very important as a dim sum place. The place looks a bit old but clean and the price is very reasonable. Therefore, if you stop by this suburb by any chance, go and try it out!

Date of visit: September 2013