StoneWall Inn(Lake Elmo)
US$286
US$76
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater(Stillwater)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$124
US$140
US$127
GardenInn.com
All reviewsmachine shedpool areaexcellent hotelfront desk staffhot tubon site restaurantroom servicest paulroom was spaciouslobbymsprates
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Just a wonderful place to stay. Clean, friendly, roomy place. The air was almost of a five-star hotel; it was quite posh. In town for the Schwan's Cup soccer tourney we hose to stay here, instead of the "recommended" motels the tourney made you stay in (which coincidentally raised their prices by 50%! as a result). We were extremely disappointed in the tourney's motels for that and found this place instead. After double checking to make sure the rates were correct (pretty reasonable for summer, and 50% less than the Schwan's Cup motels) I booked without hesitation. We were not disappointed.

The only downside is the carpet which goes down the first floor hall. It is bunched up in many places and someone WILL trip, not could. This need to be rectified.

Conveniently located, reasonably priced, and attached to a decent Machine Shed restaurant; our stay was quiet, and uneventful...except for someone ringing the doorbell (yes our room had a doorbell) at 0230 in the morning...not cool. Shenanigans aside, this was an extremely good place to stay. We would highly recommend the place.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn M
HISLEStaff, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Thank you for your 5 star review of us here at the Holiday Inn and Suites - St. Paul, Lake Elmo!
We love to hear when families get to come and enjoy our hotel at such a cost effective rate!
We do sincerely apologize for this condition of the carpet in the hallway. We are very excited to say we are having the carpet replaced throughout the entire hotel within the next month!
Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2016

I would definitely stay at the Holiday Inn - Lake Elmo the next time we visit the Twin Cities again. The husband and I stayed there for one night. The hotel is located off the highway in a nice quiet area. I also like that there’s a Credit Union across the street and if you head down Hudson Rd, there’s Kwik Trip and just across the bridge are stores like Target and tons of restaurants! We didn’t spend much time in the hotel and had to go to other areas of Saint Paul so it was easy to get on the highway and get to our destination. Even though Lake Elmo looks far on a map, it didn’t seem long to get to our destinations considering all of the construction going on and traffic.

We were on the 1st floor and stayed in the typical standard room with a king size bed. Beds were comfortable. I was pleased with the standing shower and bathroom was extra roomy. This seems to be the trend for newer hotels.

The walls are not as sound proof. Next time I visit again, I’ll probably request a room on the higher floor. I noticed there was a lot of noise and commotion going on above us that would wake us up in the middle of the night. We didn’t get to use the pool but did check it out and it’s quite big. There’s also a hot tub.

One thing to note, if you add breakfast to your package, keep in mind it’s not completely “all inclusive.” Basically, if you add breakfast to your stay, make sure to ask about it when you check-in. The Receptionist will give you a $10 off voucher for each person staying (I think kids are free). Breakfast is through the Machine Shed Restaurant which is connected to the hotel. You can either order off the menu or go with the breakfast buffet which is $10.99 per person. Not sure if the breakfast buffet is only available on weekends but we went with that instead of ordering off the menu.

(The Receptionist that checked us in actually forgot to give us our vouches so we had no idea until the next day when we went for breakfast and had to go back to the front desk .)

We still had to pay the difference for both of us, which was only a few dollars but if I knew this ahead of time during booking, I think we would have opted out and ate somewhere else. In the past, we’d stay at the Holiday Inns Express and breakfast was always included so we had no idea what to expect.

Another thing I noticed with the hotel was with the carpets in the halls. Not sure if they were being replaced or something else was being done with the carpets but it was noticeable they were really loose and some areas had rugs over them to cover the looseness.

Overall, comparing the price of our room to other Holiday Inns around the area our stay was pleasant and I will definitely stay there again next time we visit.

Room Tip: If you add breakfast to your package, its a $10 off voucher per person only. You'll still have to pay difference.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bao C
HISLEStaff, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Thank you for your recent review of us here at the Holiday Inn and Suites - St. Paul, Lake Elmo!
We sincerely appreciate you taking your time to let us know how we're doing!

We are happy to announce that we are replacing the carpet in all public areas of the hotel as well as all meeting spaces this month!

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2016

I stayed here one night in late May for a business trip in nearby Oakdale, which did not seem especially close. This hotel showed up as the only one available with our company preferred rate, which is why I was booked here. I believe this was my first stay - personal or business - in a Holiday Inn. The room I was assigned was clean, although maybe a little dated. Breakfast was not included, but could be gotten at the adjoining restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
HISLEStaff, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Thank you for your recent review!
As with all Holiday Inn and Suites, we unfortunately do not offer a continental breakfast. We do however offer great deals on breakfast vouchers for The Machine Shed Restaurant located on property starting at 6 A.M. every morning!
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

If you are in town to visit Minneapolis, I wouldn't recommend this location. It's a 25-30-minute drive to most attractions in Minneapolis. However, the hotel is very conveniently located to shopping and restaurants in the immediate area. The accommodations in this hotel are very nice, and you can tell when you first walk into the lobby that it is going to be that way. We had a huge room with jacuzzi tub and very comfy king-sized bed. The bathrooms are updated and everything is really nice. I would recommend this hotel if the location is convenient for you.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
HISLEStaff, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Thank you for the 5 star review!
You are correct, as we are roughly 25 minutes from Minneapolis and 15 minutes from St. Paul.
We do feel that this is one of our attractions! We are close to most locations, but just far enough to give you that vacation feeling.
Again, thank you for your wonderful review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit at this hotel. My room was clean, the bed was comfy, and the staff was friendly. There is a restaurant/bar attached to the property which is a HUGE bonus! Plus normally the rooms don't come with a microwave so the lady who checked me in upgraded my room so I could have the microwave. It was a room with a LARGE Jacuzzi! SO relaxing after a stressful day. As much as I loved it here, there were a few things I wasn't keen on: although the exercise room was well equipped, two of the four treadmills didn't work and one of them squeaked terribly when it was in use; the walls might need some insulation because at around 4:30 a.m. on my last day here I could clearly hear the guy in the room next to me snoring; and lastly, my room was on the ground level. There were no sheers on the window so I couldn't open the curtains till I was completely dressed. Having sheers on windows, ESPECIALLY on the ground level, allows a guest to let the sunshine in while still providing a bit of privacy. The hotel might want to consider that. But all in all, I enjoyed my stay and will be back!! Thanks HI!!!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business