Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Free cancellation until 13/05/21
Hotels.comUS$65
Booking.comUS$55
getaroom.comUS$105
All reviews swimming pool the hotel staff many choices business trip breakfast spread manager mr front office staff smoking room checking in star standard shopping mall comfortable room executive floor pleasant stay family room mainland penang
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2019 via mobile

Stay in the hotel for 3days 2night with my family . The hotel look grand at the lobby ,like it very much . The front office staff are all friendly. The room we stay is very clean and spotless as well.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
The_Light_Hotel, General Manager at The Light Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2019

Delightful Greetings from The Light Hotel Penang!

I am so pleased to acknowledge that you had a pleasant experience staying with us recently. It brings me great pleasure knowing that my guests are comfortable and happy.

Thank you and see you soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2019 via mobile

The hotel staff(s) are very friendly, good manner and helpful especially "md yousuf", he serve the customer with humber and respect attitude. Hotel room at certain floor has newly renovated and refurbished. Swimming pool is newly refurbished. Overall the facilities are well maintain and my stay experience at this hotel is very satisfying.

Regard,
Guest

Trip type: Travelled on business
The_Light_Hotel, General Manager at The Light Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2019

Dear Guest,

Delighful Greetings from The Light Hotel Penang!

We appreciate your kind comments and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in our work and are committed to keeping lasting.

Thank you and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 27 May 2019

stayed here for work trip, overall, the stay experience is ok, the staff also very polite, i requested for connecting room with my team, and the staff managed to fulfill our request. Due to peak time(school holiday), the hotel was quite full, so we have to wait for quite some times for the room to be ready. There were a lot of choice during breakfast time. The room was good enough and clean. Will stay here again definitely.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank myra_sany

Delightful Greetings from The Light Hotel Penang!

It's indeed our pleasure to serve you and we appreciate your compliments.

Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service.

Reviewed 21 May 2019

This is my 6th time stayed in The Light. Friendly of staff. Variety of breakfast. Clean & nice hotel room. The most I like is their homemade fried kueyteow. Negative side : Management should increase the number of parking lot for hotel guest.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
The_Light_Hotel, General Manager at The Light Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2019

Delightful Greetings from The Light Hotel Penang!

It's indeed a pleasure to acknowledge that we have earned your loyalty and we hope that you'll continue your patronage. In hindsight, in regard to limited parking space we totally understand, hence we have an option of buggy service to pick-up our guests who parked their cars outside the hotel compound but within the hotel radius. Nevertheless, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 15 May 2019

I checked in on May 11, 2019 with my husband. We checked out on May 12, 2019 around noon. By the time we checked out, i finally realised that i have left my handphone charger on the bedside table on the plug-point. I am very sure of that because i unplugged my handphone when i was packing my luggage before left the room. By the time i realised it, we were already left the hotel on the way back to Kuala Lumpur.

My husband called up the hotel receptionist explained the situation. The hotel staff do not want to left their name when were asked but promised to call back. My husband waited the call for one day but the staff never called back. So the next day, my husband called the hotel again. They refuse to coorperate and straight away said they couldn't find it. And still, the staff do not wish to help to find it and refuse to give their names as they were afraid we will make a complaint.

I just want to point out that it is not about the handphone charger. I can replace it anytime. But it is the dishonesty of the hotel staff in handling things. I am telling the truth that i am definitely have left the handphone charger in the room before left. But with the way the staff handling this situation is unacceptable and unhelpful.

Is this the way the hotel has trained their staff? This is a rated hotel but why the service are so terrible? We are definitely not happy with the service. I have many choices when we choose the hotel to stay, but we chose you when we reached Butterworth to stay a night. But this is the bad experiences that i get. And i won't recommend this to anyone who wish to stay. Must well stay in other hotel.

I hope the Malaysian Association of Hotels is aware of this and downgrade their rate. This hotel is not fit to have 5 stars rating! I hope the new guests would take note of this and this hotel is definitely not my choice of hotel on my next trip to Penang.

Room tip: The service and hospitality of hotel staff is terrible!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joyous_Traveller2018
The_Light_Hotel, General Manager at The Light Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2019

Delightful Greetings from The Light Hotel Penang!

We would like to apologise for the service shortcomings that you received from us. This situation is certainly unusual and we are really sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused.

Kindly provide us more information (Date of Check-in/Check-out/ name/ room no./ model of the handphone charger or any other describtion of the item / date & time of the calls made) and email to info@thelighthotelpg.com

We would like to conduct a thorough investigation further to determine the root cause of the issue. We assure you those associates will be repremanded should they fail to perform their duty. We are very serious when it comes to our guest’s satisfaction and have a zero tolerance policy in this respect.

Again, our sincere apology and we look forward to receiving the details soon.