“Best Asian Fusion Restaurant”

Ginger Hop Restaurant
Ranked #165 of 1,874 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Ginger Hop Restaurant is located in the up-and-coming neighborhood of NE Minneapolis. We offer Asian classics that you crave, think Pad Thai, Fresh Spring Rolls or Pho, as well as fusion that is fun, not fussy, like Walleye Satay with Wasabi Tartar Sauce. A great local and international beer selection, along with creative cocktails and several wines by the glass, complement the tasty food. The beautiful bar invites you to relax with its waving punkah fans, while the lovely dining room boasts many booths for a comfortable, enjoyable experience. Join us...you are always welcome where "East meets Northeast!"
Reviewed 8 May 2018

The happy hour has great appetizers, nosh, and drinks for reasonable prices. The food is good and ambiance is very neat.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Yes, this is the weird review. All of the food was good- a stir-fry and an interesting twist on the reuben but I was most surprised to find a broad selection of sparklers for cava to prossecco.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Met with a student over lunch on a Sunday and so had a chance to look at the regular menu plus the brunch menu. The brunch menu had a mix of favourites (eggs Benedict) and Asian improvisations (e.g. tofu and quinoa scramble). On this menu I was drawn towards the truffled eggs.

We ended up ordering from the ordinary menu. I had a kimchi Reuben sandwich made with mock duck. It was served with sweet potato fried which were crisp (not easy to do) and delicious and came with shriracha laced catsup which I found delicious even though I generally don't like shriracha. The sandwich was very good. I would improve it by increasing the amount to cheese, perhaps even making it one of the excellent vegan cheeses from the Herbivorous Butcher down the street. Also for the sake of the vegans, I would use white kimchi. Ordinary red kimchi is always made with fish sauce unless it specifically says otherwise.

My companion had udon noodles with vegetables in a yellow coconut mile curry sauce which she found very well done. We didn't sample the desserts. I would also add some drink alternatives to alcohol. Kombucha or a house made ginger beer that is very sharp and not too sweet would fit the theme of the restaurant nicely. Some fruit juice mixed drinks might be interesting as well, e.g. cranberry juice, tonic water and a twist of lime.

Our service was prompt and friendly. The quality of food was good for the price and I think it represents good value. It is a quiet enough place to have a conversation. I suspect this would even be true if the place was crowded give what I saw of decor that breaks up overly reflective surfaces. All in all a nice afternoon and a good meeting!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Great selection and generous portions in a quiet, relaxing atmosphere. They have vegan and gluten free options as well.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We walked in on one of the coldest days in winter. 14degrees but the owners and staff made us feel very warm. The food was great we had the red curry with chicken. It was wonderful the curry sauce was wonderful the rice very good the whole lunch was just perfect. I highly recommend the Ginger Hop you will enjoy it.