University Inn(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
US$148
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
AC Hotel Minneapolis Downtown(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$170
AC Hotels
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

Alma Hotel(Minneapolis)
Free cancellation until 30/07
US$175
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsice rinksocial hourcity museumbath suitefull kitchenstone arch bridgefree breakfastliving areaguthrie theatersmall kitchenmississippi riveran extended stayhot breakfastfirst floorhome away from homemetro stationpull out couch
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

The staff was great. They are super friendly and accommodating. Rooms are in need of an update badly. Out of date mattresses, appliances, and even windows. With a downtown hotel I am used to the windows being able to drown out some sound. Not these, you even here airplanes fly over. We stayed close to the airport in a different, newer hotel that was also by the highway and did not hear anywhere near the room noise we had here. Also mattresses are not up to normal Marriott standards for a residence inn. Would give it a 3 but staff was too nice to give mediocre review.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

If you have stayed at any residence inns, then you have stayed at this one. That is not a bad thing, it’s simply routine. The rooms, breakfast, and attire are all the same.
There is an issue that parking costs extra (seems to be the case at several Marriotts lately) and the location is only fair- it says it’s downtown but you’ll need to walk several blocks to get to any restaurant and in winter they don’t always shovel the sidewalks so be prepared to walk in the street. It can be a bit noisy. I was there for 4 nights and not only was a cheerleader group there (kids running they the hallways and going in and out of rooms) but they were plowing snow in the parking lot at 2am. The kids are not their fault but they should shovel during the day not at night.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Brad C, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Omni99

Thank you for giving us a review on Trip Advisor! I am so sorry to hear about any kids running up and down the hallways, I am hopeful that our folks were able to get them to quiet down quickly enough for you and your guests.

With regards to the snow I certainly wish there was more that we can do to send it off to the East Coast, but please know that we have heard you and will be reviewing a better process in which to complete snow removal. We like to ensure that our guests safety and abilities to walk and drive off our property are first priority.

If there is anything else you would like to discuss with me personally please feel free to call me directly at the hotel.

Again thank you for your feedback and time you spent.

All my best
Brad

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Great stay. Staff very friendly. Free breakfast plentiful amount of food. Nice workout room. Pool ok (no hot tub). Good location to downtown. Only downside was the noisy snowplows - Minneapolis does a great job of keeping the roads driveable but the plows are noisy early in the morning - best to request a parking lot side room if you are traveling during a snowy time.
The best part of the stay was service by Megan S. at the front desk. We were arriving with a snowstorm forecast at 2:00. She made sure we could arrive early and get checked in (at noon) - we handily beat the storm and had a great time. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Stayed here in late December with one child (11 yrs old).
Location: we flew into MSP, took the light rail to the Government Plaza and walked about 4 blocks to the hotel. Was freezing cold, but was still within reason (helped that we did not have luggage). Which is to say the location is very central for downtown, and you can get there quite easily from the airport.
Staff: very friendly, I would even say chatty, people at the desk. Made me feel very welcome and happy to be in Minneapolis. I had used the iOS app and had checked in, so there was no delay at the desk, and they had my room key waiting. They were also very helpful with suggestions on where to grab a nearby bite to eat, how to navigate through the hotel (sounds simple, but is important when it's so cold out), and generally quite kind to both me and my son.
Room: Excellent. We were there for only one night, but the "suite" aspect would have allowed a very comfortable multi-day stay. The kitchen was new and clean, and having a closet for your coat seems like a little thing, but coats are very important! The bedding was a little thin, but there were additional pillows and blankets in the closet (nice!).
Food: We were there the morning of a Vikings game, and it was like a party…I think there were also several weddings on the previous day. Anyway, the breakfast area handled it all, and the food was delicious and ample. Oatmeal, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, yogurt, fruit. And people were EATING. No real traffic jams. Only suggestion would be to have a second waffle machine, but that is a minor nit.
In all, a very good time, and thank you for hosting us!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2017

I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott on a recent business trip. The location was downtown but accessible, and both surface and garage parking was available at $22 per night. The room was spacious and very comfortable, and all the things in the room worked (wifi, heat/cool, appliances, water, curtains, etc). The bed was very comfortable. The staff at the front desk and dining room were especially friendly, accommodating, and informative.
Housekeeping was slightly erratic: Bathroom had not been completely cleaned on my arrival, Room was not made up the following day because I had the "Do not Disturb" sign on the door during the morning, and the following day it had still not been cleaned at 3:30 PM. I asked the front desk manager about it, who immediately called Housekeeping, and the room was completely made up in 10-15 minutes. Thereafter I asked the front desk on leaving for my business meetings in the morning to clean the room before my late afternoon return, and it was done.

Buffet breakfasts had a good variety, but breakfast is served only to 9 AM. I did not catch her name, but the hispanic breakfast room attendant was particularly friendly and efficient at keeping the tables clean.

In bad weather, I'd suggest parking in the garage, which has an elevator to the various hotel floors.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business