“Birthday”

Teppanyaki Buffet
Ranked #523 of 1,831 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

food was wonderful ! It's a great way to celebrate a special occasion with a big family so everyone can partake together. Definitely will go again,

Reviewed 15 May 2017

I passed by the area and decided to go in for a late lunch. The food was good and they took your empty plate away in a timely fashion, but our empty water cup never got refilled but other tables around did. I noticed they gave out free flower to every mother that dined there except me since it was Mother's day, even people who came after me. I waited a little bit just in case they were busy, but clearly they had no intention to give me one. They didn't give me fortune cookies either, so I left . It was upsetting because I didn't see any other table where they ignored them.

I have heard the servers here will ignore you if they feel you won't give them a tip and will aggressively ask for a tip.

I go to their Fridley location often since I live nearby, not sure what caused the service change in this location, but not a good change for sure.

2  Thank LisaMNUSA
Reviewed 6 March 2017

FOOD: *****
SERVICE: ****
VALUE: *****
ATOMSPHERE: ****
This restaurant is not a traditional Chinese restaurant because it serves sushi and toast beef which cannot be seen in Chinese restaurant. Eating there is a definitely good choice for everyone. If you like eating Japanese cuisine, there are 3 to 4 sushi chefs making various sushi all the time. If you like grilled food, two Mexican cooks help you grill the food that you have already chosen. If you like sea food, they have fried crab, basa fillet, steamed clam and other fish. As for the Chinese food, I was surprised about eating Chinese food there is almost not different from eating in China. The service there is also excellent. There is a waitress, who comes from China, keeping asking us whether we need to refill and removing our empty plates. Also, such great food and service only need 15 dollars for dinner per person. It is difficult to give them a low rating. I can’t wait to visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

First off the parking lot at savers can be kind of a bummer so we weren't sure what to expect.

However, as soon as we walked in we knew it was going to be awesome. Every walk of south Minneapolis represented and this made me inordinately happy. The host, Charles was very friendly and warm. The wait staff were friendly and attentive.

The food for the price was very good. I ate every available sushi and would give it a 3.5-4 out of 5. I wasn't worried about a health concern just some of the nigiri were a little tired. Plenty of satisfyingly deep fried shrimp and crab options. The marinated mushrooms were fantastic. They had these little crab hush puppy things that were kind of addictive. My spouse is a logger and a big water and he was extremely happy with the pot roast, the crayfish, the fried shrimp. The general Tso's chicken was good. The only two things that look we're disappointing (that we tried) were the stuffed mushrooms (stuffing had a weird texture) and the hot and sour soup (way too thick and bland).

There was a huge dessert bar that would be like a kid's dream but we were so stuffed from our forays we didn't delve into it.

I feel like I found a little gem right in my neighborhood. I admit I had totally overlooked it because of its location. I made a huge mistake. If you want to see the beauty of many many different cultures dining together, talking over food at the buffet tables, and generally feel good about the future, put your coat on and see what is happening at Teppanyaki.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

The selection is huge - They have many kinds of sea food such as shrimp, crab and fish and others. There is sushi bar with a good selection of different kinds of sushi. There is grill station, you pick your own food and they cook for you. There is a ice cream bar, chocolate fountain, Chinese pastry, salad bar, pasta, deep fried chicken wing.... Everyone will find something they like.
The service is attentive, the room is very big and looks nice, the food is fresh and taste good. It is only $12.99/person.
They have two locations, another one is in Fridley which I go to very often.