“Nice alternative to standard fare”
Review of Afro Deli & Grill

Afro Deli & Grill
Ranked #238 of 1,891 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Description: A fast, friendly, and affordable place for anything from coffee and tea, to lunch, dinner, and dessert. Afro Deli is a social venture that attempts to weave together business with community and culture. We offer great food at great price served quickly. All of our dishes are made fresh and prepared Halal. We also cater all types of events & meetings from small to large.
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We tried chicken and beef dishes, both were good. I loved the Sambosas. Casual, walk to counter to order and they give you a buzzer to pick up food when it's ready. So nice to not have burger or fried chicken or pizza. Reasonable priced, very casual.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

It's technically fast food but it's not your typical fast food. Its foods from around the Mediterranean. I had a lamb gyros and salad that were very good - very fresh vegetables, good flat bread and gyros. My friend had a dish I had never heard of with rice, chicken, spices that looked good. Service was friendly and efficient. Our food came very fast. The only negative was it was kind of loud and the atmosphere pretty fast food style.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

I walked in here after a gopher game, I have been to the one in St. Paul and always enjoy their food and they didn't have the line like many of the local bars did at the time. I crushed a gyro that was so stuffed I need to each much of it with a fork before I could get the pita to close. Always a favorite of mine.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I ate there twice, it gets busy during the lunch hour. I had lamb gyro, with salad, pita and sauce. It was delicious and filling. Other time I had chicken fantastic, the taste was plain.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Everything is very fresh. To-go orders are always nicely packed and always ready at the right time. Large portions.