“Best sushi in town!”
Review of Sushi Tango

Sushi Tango
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Tango is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #733 of 1,831 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Uptown
Cross street: Lake Street
Transit: Located on Hennepin Avenue and Lake Street, Sushi Tango is two blocks from the Uptown Transit Station.
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Best sushi in towm. Greta customer service and owner! The food is always fresh. I go there once a week to get my sashimi.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

Great selection of nigiri/sashimi or rolls, & always done eloquently. Sat at the sushi bar, & the chef was fantastic. He had us sample a few unique menu items for free, & was very informative about specific items we were unfamiliar with.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

My wife and I met our daughter and her boyfriend here for a late lunch. It was not crowded, since it was after lunchtime. However prices were good since there were Happy Hour specials.

We had several different kinds of sushi, and a few beers. Our bill wasn't that bad. The food came out pretty quickly, but it took a while for our drinks to come. And the place was pretty empty.

We parked in the adjacent parking ramp, and took the second level skyway into the mall, which was practically at the restaurant's front door,

Reviewed 18 July 2015

Happy hour runs 5-7 in uptown... hard to beat. Me and my buddy ran up a $70 bill filling ourselves with sushi, rolls and a few beers. The food was great, our waitress was new and she tried, but wasn't the best for advice. Located on the upstairs of Calhoun Square, it's right in the middle of the action but kind of tucked in back. If you are a sushi fan, or maybe even a sushi novice as their happy hour menu is perfect for beginners, I would recommend their happy hour!

Reviewed 26 May 2015

I am bundling two visits into one review, because they were both enjoyable, but different experiences based on the times we went. The first was a sunny Monday happy hour and the second was a rainy Sunday evening happy hour (happy hour is ALL day on Sundays--bonus).

The sunny Monday was calm and we sat out on the patio. Our host was very friendly as was our server who recommended the tataki. My friend ordered the tataki and the tartar tortillera. He said the beef tataki was fantastic and super hot kick. The tartar was beautiful and I wish I would have ordered that. I had fresh spring rolls--which are huge--I actually felt guilty that they were only $3 for 4 during happy hour. I also had the salmon skin maki, the skin was grilled to a perfect crispiness. The pieces were actually cut into reasonable sizes. Many American sushi pieces are so large you cannot or barely can fit them in your mouth. We enjoyed our time so much that nearly 2 hours had passed before we checked the time and had to be on our way.

The second visit was a Sunday happy hour and it was rainy and very busy. It does get loud and lively, so Sunday is not a good time to go for a relaxing meal. It's bustling and fun for a young crowd. There also is a chance that your will wait for a table. We sat inside as a table of 7. Three of us arrived late and ordered after our friends, so they had some of their food already---two plates of tataki (yes, it's very hot, and I love spicy food). We got our drinks and it took a bit to get our order in, but the waiter was constantly bringing out food, so I didn't think it was an unreasonable amount of time to wait. He brought out some more of our friends' order and took ours. The summer fling roll was lovely. I also had the salmon skin again, this time I got a couple pieces that were a bit crispy--almost more fried than grilled. One person waited awhile for a salmon skin roll, so the waiter gave it to us for free. We didn't really expect that because it was so busy. He also gave us a california roll for free. I tried one piece, but I am not a fan of california rolls in general. I did think that it was cut in too large of pieces. One person had the shrimp tempura meal and I don't think he was expecting that much food after appetizers. He finished it though! Another had the shrimp fried rice and finished it as well. The only thing left on our table was a few half glasses of water and some edamame when we left. Our water glasses never emptied, and the staff was great. Our waiter was a marathon waiter so there was no time for the casual chat as we had on our Monday visit.