“Really good Chinese take out in South Minneapolis”
Review of Xin Wong

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Xin Wong
Ranked #525 of 1,824 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Consistently good food. Out of all the "take out" Chinese places around south Minneapolis this place hits the mark every time. The cream cheese wantons are da bomb, I think they use a sweetened cream cheese or ricotta cheese...they are soo good. One of my favorite dishes is the Seven Stars Around the Moon......7 fried shrimp with a mix of chicken, pork and beef along with a variety of veggies and thankfully not much broccoli. The sauce is flavorful without being too spicy. The Singapore Chow Mei Fun is also really good, comes with pork, shrimp, egg and a touch of curry powder on your choice of noodles or pasta. The lo mein is consistently good too. The combo meals come with your choice of chicken, veggie or pork fried rice and a egg roll, overall a pretty good deal. They also have many of the usual Chinese take out options like General Tso chicken, Sesame Chicken, Garlic Chicken/beef/pork, Egg foo young, etc. Also worth checking out are the pan fried dumplings, egg drop soup, shrimp toast and Chinese donuts. The place is in a little strip mall next to a gas station, pizza joint and BBQ place. There is on site parking but it's limited. They do deliver, usually in under 45 minutes for me. The online ordering and pick up is easy to use, you can find them on the Beyond Menu app too. The restaurant itself has 3 tables and a few chairs for waiting as most orders seem to be for take out. It's my go to take out Chinese place when running errands and want to get something quick for dinner.

There are newer reviews for Xin Wong

Reviewed 24 March 2016

This is not your typical old-style Chinese take out where everything is covered in brown sauce and the vegetables are soggy. Here all dishes are made to order using the freshest ingredients. The portions are family sized with an order feeding my husband and I for 2 meals. The prices are reasonable and the service fast and efficient.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

I am basing this review only on the General Tso's Chicken. We used to order from Xin Wong all the time but then they went down hill and we stopped. A few months ago we tried again. Maybe the chef changes or maybe it is something else. Regardless, their General Tso's Chicken is amazing. Good white meat. flavorful sauce, crisp broccoli and generous portion. Maybe we should order something else one of these days but as Friday winds down all I want is a movie and Xin Wong's General Tso's.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is much better than your average take out Chinese restaurant. Veggies are fresh and crisp, everything prepared to order. Delivery quick and efficient although take out is easy - generally ready in 15 minutes. Perfect for a picnic at Lake Harriet Bandshell or the beach which is 5 minutes away.

Sesame Chicken is my favorite dish the meat is deep fried and crisp with nice flavor served with perfect broccoli and rice. One order feeds two nicely. My kids prefer the noodles and wontons.

There really isn't anyplace you'd want to sit and eat here.

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We order take-out from Xin Wong primarily because they have gluten-free Chow Fun but also because we like their complete and large menu. I really like the pork fried rice and sweet and sour pork. The ribs too are great. I also recommend their combo plates. Prices are very reasonable with big servings.

Takeout service is very fast and I am told their delivery (free within 3 miles - and they stretch that a bit) is fast and reliable. Parking is in their small, strip mall parking lot. There are a couple of tables but this is not really a dine-in spot unless you just need somewhere to sit down and eat.