“good food”
Review of Great Moon Buffet

Great Moon Buffet
Ranked #710 of 1,891 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed 11 April 2017

this is our go to place the first night we get to Fridley. Threre is a good choice of food and something for everyone's taste. Prices are resonible.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We were late... about 8 p.m.... they close at 9.... perhaps that was the issue. We were the only ones in there and they were waiting for us to leave... not a good thing at any establishment... The people were nice... and the place was clean.

The food was barely warm - the selection was limited.... many empty or near empty food trays.... and oh my goodness have I had an upset stomach since about an hour after I left there.... It might not be "fair" but the food was marginal, service was good, and I will never go back.....

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I've eaten at this establishment, from time to time, for the past 20+ years, during various owners. The current owners, a local family, have done the best of all the previous owners. These owners redecorated the restaurant and restrooms, and maintain the premises in a clean and orderly fashion.

There is a huge variety of food:

Fresh fruit - ranging from fresh fruits such as sliced mango, sweet oranges, and watermelon.

Fresh sushi (veggies and cooked ingredients);

Large salad bar with three types of greens - romaine and iceberg, and spinach leaves;

Seafood - clams in the shell, crayfish; also shrimp cooked with mixed vegetables and in rice noodles;

Dim sum - Siu Mai and steamed pork dumplings;

American fare - fried chicken wings and drummies, French fries, potatoes, fried fish, and more;

Soups - two different soups daily;

Vegetables - fresh vegetables cooked to perfection - still crisp and tender; not mushy. Mixed veggies with seafood or meat, such as chicken, beef or pork; Chinese long beans cooked in garlic and oil; Broccoli steamed;

Meats: Many dishes featuring a variety of meats - pork cooked with mushrooms, salt and pepper chicken, Sweet and sour chicken, and more.

The food is properly seasoned, fresh tasting, and not greasy.

The dining area is spacious, clean, well-lit, and can accommodate a large number of people - there are booths and tables.

Restrooms - how many times have we seen Chinese restaurants with excellent food and lousy restrooms? Not here - the restrooms are spacious, clean, and well maintained - excellent remodeling job.

The owners are a family. I dined here twice in one week, and both times the owners were busy working at all times, doing tasks ranging from working the cash register, greeting diners, and sweeping and mopping the floors. They are very nice people - hard workers.

Service - excellent wait staff service. We were greeted and asked for our beverage orders - beverages are included in the buffet price. Wait staff were efficient and attentive - removing our used plates, replenishing beverages, etc.

Variety of diners - the diners here were a melting pot of cultures and ages. A wonderful sight to see.

Desserts - and there is a large variety of desserts ranging from soft serve ice cream, hot apple pie, Chinese almond cookies, and others.

Of all the buffets I've visited in my entire life, Great Moon Buffet on Central Avenue in Minneapolis is, by far, THE BEST ONE, hands down.

1  Thank Frequenttraveler082
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Stopped for lunch and what a tremendous display almost every food group you can find in Asia with desserts to boot.

Reviewed 8 March 2015 via mobile

So they have lots of food variety; All tasted real good and everything was hot. I will probably come back again soon. The only thing cutting this review down to average is the disgusting woman's restrooms. I'm been in gas station restrooms that are cleaner. I was really grossed out. But, food was very satisfying... They totally kept up too with the busy dinner crowd.