“Love!”

Gigi's Cafe
Ranked #273 of 1,890 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Deli
Description: A coffee shop by day, a dinner joint by night, Gigi’s in south Minneapolis is a home away from home for many locals. Gigi’s makes everything from scratch using locally farmed and organic ingredients. You can hang out and have coffee and a scone, or come in for dinner and a bottle of wine. We serve breakfast until 3 p.m., and happy hour runs from 3 to 6 p.m. daily. Gigi’s buys only sustainably farmed meats and is committed to respecting our oceans through our membership in the Minnesota Zoo Fish Smart program. Plus, Gigi’s serves shade-grown, organic coffee purchased directly from farmers and roasted right here in Minneapolis by B & W Specialty Coffee.
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

A gem of a place in Minneapolis. Great atmosphere, great food, nice staff. Wonderful place to just sit and talk, catching up with an old friend.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

I tell people about Gigi's all the time - super cute, neighborhood cafe with the best reuben and friendly staff. That said, both times I've ordered the reuben on gluten free bread it arrived on regular. I have celiac so this is quite a problem.

I noticed before taking a bite the first time and they remade it super fast and gave me a GF cookie for my troubles. But today, I was deep in conversation w/my friend when it arrived and I was super hungry and just ate the whole thing before realizing "hey wait, that was marble bread" and asking the guy if it was GF - ummmmm, no. They were apologetic and refunded my meal but truly, it's not acceptable. At all. And really, refunding my $15 doesn't compensate for the sickness that will be following.

So all you gluten-lovers you should totally keep going. For those that are celiac, ask and ask again and assume nothing.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

A sweet little gem tucked in a mostly residential area. Generous sized sandwich and very delicious. Indoor and outdoor seating, very friendly staff.

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a decent spot to have brunch on a busy Sunday morning and were driving around to find a place with least wait time. We saw Gigi's from cross the street from Our Kitchen, which was full with uncertain wait time. We Reluctantly went in and order for 4 of us: 2 cheese burgers, Mushroom Goat cheese Scrambler and quiche. All our food tasted amazing, had fresh ingredients and had perfect size portions. We also grab some sweets while we were there. Everything was tasty. We will definitely go there again during our next visit to Minneapolis.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Love this place. Great staff. Great prices. Good food. Good coffee. My wife and I walked here every weekend day for a year.