“Breakfast visit ”

Gigi's Cafe
Ranked #264 of 1,862 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Description: A coffee shop by day, a dinner joint by night, Gigi’s in south Minneapolis is a home away from home for many locals. Gigi’s makes everything from scratch using locally farmed and organic ingredients. You can hang out and have coffee and a scone, or come in for dinner and a bottle of wine. We serve breakfast until 3 p.m., and happy hour runs from 3 to 6 p.m. daily. Gigi’s buys only sustainably farmed meats and is committed to respecting our oceans through our membership in the Minnesota Zoo Fish Smart program. Plus, Gigi’s serves shade-grown, organic coffee purchased directly from farmers and roasted right here in Minneapolis by B & W Specialty Coffee.
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Gigi's has gotten back to its previous excellent level. I had a biscuit with egg, cheese and bacon. The biscuit baked in-house was delicious. Our only complaint is the $1 charge for a coffee refill but it's such a great place to meet and eat that that's a small issue.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Food is very good, menu has wide variety, prices are reasonable. BUT they got rid of the pork Cubano sandwhich which is what I had every time I go there!

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

A gem of a place in Minneapolis. Great atmosphere, great food, nice staff. Wonderful place to just sit and talk, catching up with an old friend.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

I tell people about Gigi's all the time - super cute, neighborhood cafe with the best reuben and friendly staff. That said, both times I've ordered the reuben on gluten free bread it arrived on regular. I have celiac so this is quite a problem.

I noticed before taking a bite the first time and they remade it super fast and gave me a GF cookie for my troubles. But today, I was deep in conversation w/my friend when it arrived and I was super hungry and just ate the whole thing before realizing "hey wait, that was marble bread" and asking the guy if it was GF - ummmmm, no. They were apologetic and refunded my meal but truly, it's not acceptable. At all. And really, refunding my $15 doesn't compensate for the sickness that will be following.

So all you gluten-lovers you should totally keep going. For those that are celiac, ask and ask again and assume nothing.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

A sweet little gem tucked in a mostly residential area. Generous sized sandwich and very delicious. Indoor and outdoor seating, very friendly staff.