“Good place for breakfast”
Review of Gigi's Cafe

Gigi's Cafe
Ranked #266 of 1,883 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Deli
Description: A coffee shop by day, a dinner joint by night, Gigi’s in south Minneapolis is a home away from home for many locals. Gigi’s makes everything from scratch using locally farmed and organic ingredients. You can hang out and have coffee and a scone, or come in for dinner and a bottle of wine. We serve breakfast until 3 p.m., and happy hour runs from 3 to 6 p.m. daily. Gigi’s buys only sustainably farmed meats and is committed to respecting our oceans through our membership in the Minnesota Zoo Fish Smart program. Plus, Gigi’s serves shade-grown, organic coffee purchased directly from farmers and roasted right here in Minneapolis by B & W Specialty Coffee.
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Nice spot for breakfast. Probably just as good for lunch and dinner but can only speak about my experience for breakfast. Fresh homemade muffins and scones. Even house made jam for your toast. Scrambled eggs done just the way I like them. Fully cooked, but not brown from overcooking. Orders are taken at the counter, but food served to your table. The cafe is small so on a busy Sunday morning, there are not always tables available, but worth a short wait.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I met a new friend here today, just getting a chance to meet. I chose this place because they were in the right area we needed and they use local products. It worked fine for what we needed. My chai was good but not great. My friend's coffee was fine. We were able to talk for the time we wanted and we could hear each other well. It is clean but not at all fancy. I was a bit disappointed that 3 people could be working at the front area but only one was taking orders when the line was a bit long, but eventually we were each served. You order up front and take your order to your own table. They bus the tables. For a simple, local place, it's good.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

The spinach/feta/tomato scramble was really good. Nice location and atmosphere. Would like an option for bottomless cup of coffee (or at least a refill).

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Gigi's has gotten back to its previous excellent level. I had a biscuit with egg, cheese and bacon. The biscuit baked in-house was delicious. Our only complaint is the $1 charge for a coffee refill but it's such a great place to meet and eat that that's a small issue.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Food is very good, menu has wide variety, prices are reasonable. BUT they got rid of the pork Cubano sandwhich which is what I had every time I go there!