“Excellent sushi at a good price!”
Review of Bagu Sushi

Bagu Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Bagu Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #454 of 1,828 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 8 September 2016

This is my new favorite sushi place. Small, local, and delicious. The happy hour prices are great and there is a nice selection. It is well-lit and quiet. Servers are extremely kind. The outdoor patio in the back is so quaint!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I heard good things about the food, here. However, no one had mentioned how great the servers are. When we got there and changed our order or added to it, bothering the waitress 2 or 3 times, she remained smiling and patient. You don't feel rushed or uncomfortable at BaGu.

This is a small place in a neat little pocket of urban neighborhood. Very cozy and relaxing.

The Angry Salmon was recommended but we didn't try that. We started with a cold appetizer of oshinko (assorted pickled vegetables) and a hot appetizer of takoyaki (a small ball-shaped octopus dumpling with some delicious sauce drizzled under it .. yum!). While the picked vegetables might not be to everyone's taste (a bit floral and odd tasting to western tongues), the takoyaki, for which this restaurant is well known and praised, came as a delicious surprise. There were only 5 balls on the platter and I had to share with my brother but I could have easily 'bogarted' that dish.

For entree, I chose their 'house ramen', another highly recommended dish for this restaurant that did not disappoint. It was a savory broth that could stand on its own, with nutty flavorful ramen noodles, succulent pork belly, some sliced egg and green onion. It was very filling and I could not eat another thing.
My brother ordered the Crunchy Spicy Tuna roll and really enjoyed it.

All in all, one of the top places in Twin Cities for Japanese food.

***ONE SUGGESTION BaGU, if you are reading this...Okonomiyaki would be great to see being done at BaGu. There is only one restaurant I know of that does this classic Japanese street food pancake of cabbage&egg and that is way down in Apple Valley!***

The drive is worth it. Parking at north side of building or along the street if you can find a spot.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Very disappointed with this experience. We were visiting from out of town and a groupon special brought us there. Chairs and booths were visibly dirty (greasy- wood and vinyl needing only a wipe down which hadn't been done in who knows how long) This was at 6pm, when they had reopened at 5 for dinner service. Sushi rolls, fried rice and soup were average quality.
Prices on my bill did NOT reflect the regular menu prices. (We weren't eligible for happy hour pricing because of the groupon) but we were charged $1-2 more per sushi roll than the regular prices on the menu! I would have stayed to argue it, but my family was already in the car waiting, service was so slow I didn't have another 20 minutes to deal with it. BEWARE- and double check your charges!

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

We didn't have the sushi, but had excellent Thai food and some delicious octopus dumplings. Highly recommended. The Austin Powers wallpaper was groovy.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for sushi near our house and Bagu was recommended by a friend. We both really loved it. It's small inside and can get a little crazy busy but I would recommend it and will be back.