“Terrible Service on Easter”

Crooners Lounge and Supper Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Crooners Lounge and Supper Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #238 of 1,891 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Description: It was the second Golden Age of the 20th century. The Great Depression and World War II had given way to years of great growth and prosperity. Babies were “booming,” Eisenhower was in the White House, and Sinatra ruled the airwaves. In America’s best restaurants “Continental Cuisine” graced the tables. Dishes brought back from the GI’s experience in Europe had evolved into something uniquely American. People dressed for dinner and added to the level of sophistication that made dining out a special occasion. Crooners Lounge and Supper Club celebrates and pays homage to this great era and the fabulous dining experiences it provided. We bring it to you with our own contemporary spin that is at once mid-20th century and yet current and relevant for today.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We went there for Easter Brunch. We had reservations, and we felt ignored as they were sitting tables before us. After we were sat down we still hadn’t got our first course after an hour and a half. We decided to walk out. There appeared to be a lot of upset people. They obviously didn’t plan right.

2  Thank rkubesh
Ian W, Public Relations Manager at Crooners Lounge and Supper Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at Crooners during Easter brunch. Please contact me and I will send you a Crooners gift card in hopes that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Please email admin@croonersloungemn.com and I will send a gift card right away!

Ian

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Was invited to dinner here on a Sunday night. The entertainment in the Dunsmore Room was Arne Fogel presenting a retrospective of Frank Sinatra's career, accompanied by a very talented trio: piano, bass, fiddle. The riffs on the traditional songs were jazzy and a delight to hear. Dinner is served during the performance, but staff and diners alike observed the "no talking request" , so we could enjoy both the music and the food. We each ordered different entrees and everyone was quite happy with their own choice. Portions were generous, so several of us took leftovers home to enjoy another day.
There is a monthly music calendar, with a variety of offerings every day but Monday, when the restaurant is closed.
The restaurant is a 15-20 minute drive from Minneapolis on the "Central ".
Well worth the drive, especially for a special occasion.
In good weather, there is a beautiful terrace for dining and a private dining room that can be booked, as well.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Such a treasure. Jazz, pop,reggae, rap. Jennifer, Joe and the band can do it all. I am in awe.
Highly recommended. We are so lucky to have a venue like this and top artists here in the twin cities.
Dinner was great too. I will come back often.

1  Thank Sheila S
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I came into this place once before for a happy hour with coworkers and it was okay, but my experience last weekend was so bad that I'll never be back, We went there for a friends birthday (she wanted to go there). We had a reservation so we were seated right away. I did however notice right from the get go that the service was very slow. Our server (or maybe the bartender) took forever to get our drinks, and then once we got them I though my Moscow Mule was pretty bad. We ordered food and that was no good either. The birthday girl ordered a wedge salad that was the saddest, smallest looking wedge I have ever seen and was wilting as well....the bacon came whole on the side even though it said "bacon crumbles" on the menu...guess it was DIY bacon crumbles....the amount of dressing and blue cheese was pathetic so she sent it back. When they brought out the 2nd one it was no better. Did we get a discount as a result? Nope. I had the Philly sandwich which cam out super soggy, and if I didn't know better I'd say that the bottom bun had been dipped in au jus ahead of time it was that wet. I could not even taste the horse radish and the whole thing was just bland. I had sweet potato fries no the side that were coated with SUGAR? Gross. I have had sweet potato fries 100 times and they are always salted....did someone grab the wrong shaker or do they seriously serve them like that? Nasty. My fiancé and out other friend had the fish and chips which they said were ok but nothing to write home about. It seemed like our server would come by every 20 minutes or so and then it would take another 10-15 to get the next drink.....it was just bad all over. Then the singer came out and I love me some live jazz but this was some cheesy corny stuff with no soul. Needless to say we left. I don't plan on going back

2  Thank Nick G
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Crooners Lounge and Supper Club

Minneapolis

Southside Aces - New Orleans Jazz

Went to Crooners Lounge to hear Southside Aces. The venue is intimate and acoustics were good. Cocktails and charcuterie were tasty and well priced. Southside Aces played 3 sets or New Orleans jazz and were a joy to behold.

Check out Crooners website for their music calendar! I don't think you will regret it!