“So So”

Joy Luck Restaurant
Ranked #700 of 1,979 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

After spending the morning running errands my partner and I decided to swing by to check out the buffet. It was so, so. It could be that we arrived around 2:30pm (the buffet closes at 3:00pm). But there was not really much selection. The rice was old and the rest was not what we were expecting. I have heard good things about this establishment in the past and have ordered take out that was good. In the future we may try going a little earlier.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I commonly order joy luck for delivery. It's always great but I recently ordered for take out. The egg drop soup was lumpy as well as the garlic sauce for the veggies I ordered. I was quite disappointed but have ordered recently and everything was back on track. It must have been an off night.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I have ordered delivery from Joy Luck for three years and never been dissapointed. The quality of the food is excellent: food is hot, veggies are big and fresh, portions are large, and the price is reasonable. I highly recommend the Szechuan Chicken Combination Platter. I have not had the oppurtunity to try the lunch buffet yet, but I look forward in doing so in the near future.,

1  Thank Sandra P
Reviewed 22 September 2009

The buffet is great. at less than $6 you can't really go wrong here. The Asian BBQ chicken is great, and the noodles are excellent.

1  Thank oftgood
Reviewed 19 November 2008

I've eaten at the Joy Luck several times, the food has always been consistently excellent. While I've never tried the lunch buffet, ordering off the menu has never disappointed. THe Hot & Spicy Beef is the best I've found anywhere. The only downside is that the restaurant is primarily set up for carry out and delivery business. If you are planning on eating in, you may end up being served in carry out containers. That doesn't distract from the food quality, but does make for an odd presentation.

1  Thank rt3