US$110
US$81
US$55
US$75
US$70
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The website as well as the owner had indicated on a previous visit that he was refurbishing the motel. He may have started but the room we stayed in was so disgusting. It was unbelievable - good thing the sheets were clean and the bathroom fixtures were fine. New Ulm is a very busy town on weekends and were told we would probably not find another motel once we had checked in.
The walls were filthy - I can't imagine the last time they saw a cleaning cloth, much less any paint. Most of the problems could have been solved with a huge bucket of hot water and Lysol.

Room Tip: Don't go to this motel unless you look at the rooms first!!!! Wish I'd have taken some pictures - didn't think of it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Enjoy98
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Never review hotels, haven't had to. This was the dirtiest hotel! The bathroom was filthy! I even made the front desk aware and he said he would personally clean when we went to dinner. He vacuumed the middle of the room but the bathroom was awful. Sorry to be icky, but hair, dirt and scum on the floor and toilet are unacceptable! Don't stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Yes, it's cheap. It seemed to be filled with mostly workers that travel during the week. We asked for a remodeled room and I am very glad we did. The beds were fine, but the carpet was filthy. The bathroom had the last renters soap left out and it appeared to have been cleaned by a 10 year old. The couple was young and friendly, but in way over their heads. I want to say better things, but I can't. This place needs a professional to restore the place, not just an enthusiastic couple.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank husie
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I booked a room here based on price and rating. The room was overall dirty, smelled of bleach. Took a shower and there was hair in there that did not belong to me. In the bathroom they apparently only clean with the door open and do not clean behind the door. The caulking in the bathroom is discussing, moldy and dirty. The bed is basically a step above sleeping on cardboard with springs and the Pillows are flatter than the blanket. I paid extra for the "Newly remodeled room, I would hate to see the rooms that have not been remodeled. I do not recommend this

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank justmehere2day
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I love supporting friendly, family-owned motels and this is no exception. I got a clean room with wireless for a good rate ($45), but I was dissatisfied with several little things that lead to my two-star (below average) review, most of which would fall under 'maintenance and attention to detail':

1. The room smelled like some previous stayers had dogs. I'm not fond of dog smell.
2. The deadbolt didn't work. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but you turn the latch and nothing happens. That was a bit disconcerting.
3. The toilet seat was loose. Figured someone would've noticed that.
4. The sink drained very slowly.
5. I was concerned for longer than two minutes that my shower would turn out to be lukewarm at best. After a while the hot water kicked in.
6. I could smell an essence of cigarettes in the shower. Not sure how that's possible.

I also experienced road noise at night that made it difficult to get back to sleep.

That said, the bathroom was newly remodeled and pretty nice. The room had cable and a fridge and microwave -- always appreciated. Perhaps my experiences were unique to my room. However, if given the opportunity to spend a bit more at another location than to receive this room again, I would take it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo