“Most Fun Wings Ever”
Review of D-spot

D-spot
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Oakdale
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

You drive into the parking lot of the strip mall see the sign and you think really? The entry doesn't comfort you but you take a menu and see 84 variations of wings from Mild to wings that require prerequisites before ordering.
TIP: Take friends with you the more in your group the more variations you can try.

We tried 6 all were at the "this is good to best ever"!

So if you like wings the D Spot is for sure proof you can't judge the wings by the looking at the front door.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We found this ranked as #1 for Oakdale and decided to try it for lunch during our visit from out of state. There were lots of flavors of wings and the wings themselves were pretty meaty. I ordered a regular burger and it was good but huge. The food was slow to come out so make sure you have the time.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

This place is a far drive from us but we were in the area and had heard about it so we stopped in about 3:30 on a Sat. afternoon. A very nice girl at the counter gave us some suggestions. Grabbed our free popcorn, filled our own sodas, and sat down. I had read many reviews that stated a long wait time but we must have lucked out and got there before the rush as our food came out in no time.

We loved the seasoned fries and the dip that came with them. Next time we want to also try the onion rings. We ordered three kinds of wings...tarantula, volcano, and Bathala's Bliss. The volcano were great but HOT! I could only eat one, hubby had no problem. Although the tarantula wing's get super high marks from reviews, we just thought they were ok. Now the Bathala's Bliss, we could've fought over these. The cashier told us those were her favorite and she did not disappoint!!

We are going back with friends so we can try more selections! Hubby wants to try the ones with honey mustard and horseradish. The French toast ones sound interesting too as a dessert of sorts.

Suggestions if D Spot reads this: a sampler platter with about 4 each of your top 5 sellers. You could make it easy on yourself saying no substitutions. Also, it would be fun to have an ongoing "vote for your favorite wing" and each week display the winner. One more thing...if your tshirts were cheap, people like me would buy them, wear them, and bring in people from far away...cheap advertising.

See you soon, D Spot!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I was visiting family in the area and they brought me to D Spot for what was promised to be "awesome" wings. Let me tell you, my brother wasn't kidding because this place is seriously awesome.

It was definitely hard to make a decision because there are just so many choices, but I decided to do the pineapple BBQ and the Jesse James cherry BBQ. Both were really sweet, but they were absolutely delicious. I appreciated the fact that it was fresh fruit in the sauces. I liked how the cherry sauce had real cherries and not maraschino cherries. The staff was super helpful and friendly, too.

Next time I make it up to Minnesota I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

How do beat a place that has over 50 different kinds of wings on their menu? Free popcorn - check. Cold beer - check. Free soda refills - checks. Good service - check. Seasoned fries - double check! And the wings!! Outstanding!

I prefer a dry rub on the wings and had the Jamaican and Cajun. Both had a great flavor. I think the secret is they fry the wing, they they grill the wing with some of the flavor or seasoning on them. They also have a menu for burgers and chicken sandwiches.

Oakdale is a bit of a drive...but if you want some of the best wings in the Twin Cities, it is worth it!