“Foodie”

Royal Indian Cuisine
Ranked #198 of 306 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As a rule I generally stay away from buffet but my wife wanted Indian food for lunch we are very happy with the food we got to try foods we would not of normally ordered we will be back soon

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Our service was great and the food even better. I felt the cost was appropriate and he service warranted a good tip. I enjoyed my leftovers the next day!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

My wife and I and two other couples ate here while in town for a convention. I very much enjoy Indian food and this incarnation of the restaurant (there have been one or two Indian restaurants that occupied this spot in the past) puts out some amazing food. We all ordered something different. I ordered the lamb nilgiri korma. It had to have been one of the most delicious meals I've eaten in any restaurant. We all took tastes of each other's orders and without exception found them all worth coming back for. My wife and I would have come back the next night for another round had not our companions for that night balked at going there. I earnestly hope Royal Indian Cuisine can make a go of it. We get to Rochester once a year and this restaurant could well be on the list for three nights in a row. Excellent food; generous portions; friendly staff; reasonable prices. Keep up the great work RIC!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Attended for a business lunch. The place appeared clean and well-appointed. Dishwear was clean. Service was prompt, though not particularly friendly. We ate from the lunch buffet. There were at least 10 different items to choose from. We could not read the labels, so couldn't tell what we were taking in some cases. Some items (e.g. Saag Paneer) seemed seemed to be mislabeled. chicken dishes were delicious. The vegetable dishes were too heavy on the potatoes. The legume dishes were good. Nothing was terribly spicy. There was only one kind of bread and it was bland. Would have liked to have a fried or a crunchy bread. Rice was very good. Salad was fresh and perfectly seasoned without being too soggy. The one thing I would not recommend was the chunky vegetable chutney. Other than that, this was a nice lunch buffet.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

We were the only people there. We were seated quickly. Sever took a long time to take our order. Wait time for food was average. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and clean. The food was pleasing to the eye and delicious. Everything was fresh and hot. My only complaint was that our server kept coughing into her hand. She did disappear to the back a couple of times, I'm hoping it was to wash her hands. She served us our plates with the same hand she coughed in the whole hour we were there, so I was a little worried. If it had not been for the coughing lady I would have given them a five.