“Alright food”
Review of Denny's St. Paul

Denny's St. Paul
Ranked #662 of 934 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here on a Sunday for a brunch. There were not a lot of people there, and decent amount of empty seats. But the staff asked us to wait for about 15 minutes to give us seats. The food was alright, but we waited for almost half an hour for our food. I gave 3 stars because our waitress was really nice.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Bad food, poor service. We will not be going back. My dad, daughter We went after church and we were thoroughly disappointed. (We were planning to go to Perkin's, but the Perkin's off of University and Snelling closed down.)

My daughter ordered a orange juice smoothie and said it was okay, but kind of weird tasting. My dad ordered coffee and said it was drinkable - at least it was hot. I ordered iced tea, which was so weakly brewed that it was barely light brown in color.

My dad and daughter shared an order of Cinnamon Sugar Pancake Puppies. The "puppies" were deep fried in oil that was too hot - the outside was overcooked and the inside was still doughy. When these were initially brought to our table, the "puppies" weren't rolled in any cinnamon sugar - our server took them back and sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on them. Neither my dad nor my daughter ate two each. Since I didn't feel like eating standard breakfast food, I ordered the Zesty Nachos. The nachos were okay, but after a few bites, my stomach started turning, so I stopped eating it.

After bringing our food to the table, we didn't see our server, not even to give us the bill. A different server checked on us and refilled my dad's coffee. We went to the front counter to pay the bill (even though we saw people at other tables getting their bill). I wonder where our original server went.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I read the reviews of the Denny's and I was more than skeptical but I didn't want to spend tons of money. I thought the staff hustled and the pancakes and french toast were very good. Stay away from the coffee. We fed four people for under $30.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

We went there for lunch, about 1pm and it wasn't very busy. We waited 15 minutes before the waitress took our order. Then, we waited another 14 minutes before she brought us our beverages - which was water. Then we waited another 33 minutes (I timed it) before she brought our food. On top of that, she offered to bring us syrup and we had already finished eating and she still never brought the syrup or even the bill. People from other tables occasionally tried to call her over, and she'd say, "someone will be right with you", and the poor table would have to wait another ten minutes before they were helped. I previously worked at a restaurant and even if we were short handed, our service was never that slow! The Denny's on University Avenue had horrible service, and the food was very dry! First and last time there.

1  Thank jugan004
Reviewed 15 July 2016

This is a newly opened this summer (2016) restaurant in St Paul MN. The décor includes some retro motifs. One waitress whom I recognized from another restaurant must of "jumped Ship" and started working at the Denny's. Enjoy its newness.

1  Thank Stpauliaina

Been to Denny's St. Paul? Share your experiences!