“Rude hostess”

Tay Ho
Ranked #488 of 949 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Three of us stood in line 45 minutes. With six people behind us in parties of two a group of six people walked in and the hostess whisked them back to a large table that easily could have accommodated us and others. When we started to protest she barked, "Just wait!" We decided not to. I'll not go back.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

(take out) I had the Pho with well-cooked beef. The broth flavor was great and I loved all the beansprouts to put in it... However a couple hours after eating, I did not feel very well. Nothing else I ate or did that day was unusual, so I am wary... however the prices are fantastic and the way my friend talks about this place, I'll likely try it again.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Took the family to get here. Been here many times, service is always good and the food is super consistently wonderful. The pho is good and love the chicken fried rice. But the Rice vermicelli salad (B1) is my favorite dish. Crispy eggroll, fried meatballs, grilled pork on a bed of vermicelli noodles with lettuce, cucumbers, carrots. The sauce ( I think it's called nuco cham) that comes with the salad has the perfect combination of sugar, salt, spice, and vinegar.

Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

Went with co-workers for lunch. Best bun noodle salad around. I tried the pho and it had great flavor without adding anything to it. Friendly service and possibly the best authentic Vietnamese spring rolls. I'll make this a regular stop.

Reviewed 22 May 2015

First visit today. A co-worker recommended it. As I was seated in this smallish restaurant I had to overcome the urge to get up and leave. I was seated at a small table which was for me an uncomfortable location near the cash register. The ambience was not working for me. It smelled weird, not like food smells, more like moldy old carpet smell - and there just happened to be very old and worn carpet in the dining area. But I am not normally a high maintenance diner, so I decided to just go with it. The menu had many good-sounding choices. I decided on a chicken and pea pod entree with fried rice and an egg roll. The entree was delicious but was barely warm. I considered asking them to heat it but just ate it as is. The rice was bland; I enjoyed the egg roll. Good service. Good prices.

Been to Tay Ho? Share your experiences!