“Nothing Special”

Grand Shanghai Restaurant
Ranked #637 of 911 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 October 2014

The food was good but not amazing. I did take out and it arrived on time. The restaurant itself is not great for eating in.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have been to Grand Shanghai three or four times now, trying different menu items each visit. The food has always been very tasty, with fresh cooked vegetables and tender meats in flavorful sauces. The service was quick and friendly. We have always had left overs for lunch the next day from our dinner entrees. Most of the entrees are about $10, so I think it is a great value!

I haven't been there for their lunch buffet yet, but would like to try it.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

we've been eating at Grand Shanghai for at least ten years now, and we never think twice about going back. The service is always personal and friendly, and the food is consistently very good. We enjoy the all-you-can-eat luncheon buffet as much as sharing family-style in the evening. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Grand Shanghai will do in a pinch, when I really have a craving for Chinese. It is run of the mill midwestern quality Chinese food. Having grown up in NY I've come to accept it, although there are definitely better options in the Twin Cities. Bottom line if you are in the neighborhood it may do, but I wouldn't make it a destination.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is our favorite Asian spot in the Twin Cities. Conveniently located on Grand Ave in St. Paul, this is authentic Chinese cuisine. Most times we have gone the majority of diners are of Asian background which usually tells you a lot about an eating establishment. I am partial to the Mongolian Beef but their Dim Sum on the weekends is worth a try as well. They often offer $20 worth of food for $10 coupons through www.voicedailydeals.com. If you are in the area, I highly recommend Grand Shanghai.