Quality Inn(Savage)
QualityInn
All reviewsyear roundarea attractionstwin citiesstayed herewifimnmallminneapolis
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I called this campground because it is close to home and my husband was on call that weekend. They had 1 site available for the 1 night we wanted. While on the phone, I was trying to look at the website and talk to my husband. The girl at the campground said there was a cancelation fee within 48 hours and since it was Friday and the reservation was for Saturday we were already in that window. I asked if I could have 5 minutes to decide and call her back. She said yes. My husband then said just reserve it, so I did. We hung up, continued to look at the website and found the campground map and were not happy that it was packed like a trailer psrk, NOT a campground. I called back in 3 minutes to cancel...too late...she said she had to charge the cancelation fee, no exceptions. I tried to explain that there was no way they missed out on a reservation in the 3 minutes we had the site, but she wasn't having it. So, reluctantly, we went. Then, we had to "rent" a firepit. When asked if we could lounge past 11, they said "for a fee of $5.00". These cheap, rude people do not provide 1 courtesy to their customers. When we asked about another site, she advised that it was more expensive and has an additional "pull through fee". Really??? Never, ever, ever again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosborne72
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A very well kept campground, good landscaping, plenty to do. Good paved roads. Lots of trees. Only negative is that most sites are very short. Very little room to park vehicles. Also, you need to go into other sites as you exit. We have a 35' 5th wheel, and had to use the tent sites in front of our pull thru in order to exit. Having said that, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ta96silver
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The campground is right on the edge of an industrial area with High-Tension Power Lines just outside the entrance. Although it's not in the "country", it still kind of feels like it is.
The sites are small and right up next to each other. The bathrooms are kept clean.

One complaint...we were looking forward to the "Heated Pool" and "Hot Tub" as advertised on their website. Well, they were drained and closed after Labor Day. If the amenities are seasonal, they should state that on their website and also provide a late season or off season discounted price. Two other families we spoke with had the exact same experience...kids brought swim suits and were looking forward to it.

They do a community campfire in the evening. That is a fun way to meet and chat with other campers.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We called while on the road to check on availability. We were quoted a price of $42 w/10% discount off that. We could only stay 2 nights due to pending reservations. When we arrived they had tacked on additional fees bringing the price up to $48. They charged $6 per night because we weren't staying 3 nights even tho there was no availability! They were totally dishonest w/ us and we will never return or recommend this campgrd to others!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank sdalegeorge
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We've stayed at a lot of KOA and other RV parks, and this is one of the cleanest, most well-kept places I've seen. The staff was friendly and helpful, the sites were well maintained, and the bathrooms were spotless. This is within a few minutes of the Mall of America. I highly recommend this park.

• Stayed: June 2013