All reviews kiddie pool waffles would stay here again staff was friendly hot chocolate nice stay sausage renaissance festival parking lot slides fireplace valley blast mall moa pillows canterbury
Reviewed 22 September 2018

Although this is a perfect, easy to access hotel location, there were many tell tale signs that this hotel is lacking management judgements and according to the reviews, may be a factor in a dying hotel. Examples include, non-working Jacuzzi in room (reason #1 why I booked here) , non-working exhaust fan in bathroom, ice machines on floors 2 and 3 not working, pool slide not working, secure door access from outside with card not working (meaning anyone can access hotel), and uniformed desk clerks. Average stay, but jacked up prices for a hotel that can not upkeep their property. Plus side, breakfast was above average. Next to Culver's was a nice touch too. Will not stay again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Easy to find
Clean
Lots near by

Negatives
Bathes left a lot to be desired (didn’t appear spot less, toilets clogged easy, drains were slow)
Beds - albeit clean - were hard and uncomfortable while the pillows were flat
Overall loud

Over was fair

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Jeffrey G, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Shakopee Near Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Melissa H,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We did just have new pillows delivered and have been putting them in rooms. I'm sorry they didn't make it to your room because the new ones are fat and fluffy. The mattresses typically get good reviews. We've been asked what they are so people can buy them. Everyone is different though. I do also apologize for the noise. We do try to keep kids on the lower level because they run back and forth to the pool. We may not have had the availability at the time of check in to accommodate you there but we do try to keep the noise level down on busy weekends. Next time you're in our area you know where to find us.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Poorly maintained hotel. Guest room had multiple broken items including the bathroom door handle and the smoke detector. Two of the three pieces of exercise equipment were inoperable. Management response was lacking. It does have a nice pool for kids.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank billcaskey71
Jeffrey G, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Shakopee Near Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Good morning, Bill

I remember speaking with you after breakfast about the loose bathroom door handle and the plastic over the smoke detector. We were able to go in and take care of those things while you were gone and I do appreciate you bringing all issues to our attention, especially the treadmill. The elliptical machine seemed to be working properly though. I don't know what the issue was there. I hope your stay was comfortable and I'm glad you enjoyed the pool area.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Pool was half way filled, water was cloudy, slide was not working. Hot tub had dead bugs on the side of it, mayflies coming out of jets. Hotel was dirty, looks like hallways and stairs have not been vacumned in days. The beds didn’t seem clean, stain on cover, it made for a one eye open kind of sleep. The ice machine was broke and the coffee machine was broke at breakfast. We were charged $131 for this...it was NOT worth that at all and not one person let us know about the pool sotuation. I didn’t allow my kids to swim after seeing the dirtiness of the water & hot tub. This was a cery disappointing stay for us. The second we woke up we were out of there!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jeffrey G, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Shakopee Near Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Our pool slide is working better than ever and our pool area is open. There are people in there enjoying themselves as I write this response. Yes, our pool area was under maintenance. Our water slide motor became damaged unexpectedly and we bought a new one the same day, however the seal that came with it was not compatible with the pump it attaches to. In order to keep water from flooding the pump we needed to drain the water below the pump level and close the pool. For that reason the pool was closed. As soon as we knew it would be down we made attempts to contact our guests that had reservations and we explained the situation to anyone that called to make a reservation as well as making it a priority topic before we checked anyone in allowing our guests the chance to book at another hotel. Those that stayed were discounted for the inconvenience and open swim punch cards were handed out so that they could come back and use our pool ten times for free. We did everything we could to appease our guest under the circumstances. Most were understanding and appreciated our honesty and efforts, others became disgruntled the next morning when they found out, despite threats of bad reviews, we would not be completely comping their rooms. We know how important that water slide is to our hotel and we did everything in our power to repair it as quickly as possible. What we didn't know is the extent people would go to butcher the image of our hotel over it after the conversations we had and the efforts we put in to make amends.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Waterslide broken and nothing mentioned at check in, hot tub was green and smelled of algae, remote in room has sauce on it, channel listing covered in dried white substance, a slice of pizza was left in the microwave was previous guest, and plate in microwave would not rotate.

Incredibly disappointing.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank radbadbecca

The water slide works great now that we installed a new motor and all pizza has been removed from the premises. But in all seriousness, I never received a report of pizza left behind or a strange, white substance on one of our channel listings. I can't verify that. What I do know is that we made it our top priority to let our guests know the slide was down before they checked in. I know we gave everyone a discount because of it and handed out open swim punch cards. I also know that as difficult as it is to read reviews left by a very select few of disgruntled guests that made good with their threats to annihilate us online if we didn't completely comp their rooms, the hardest part of this whole ordeal was telling every kid that stepped up to our front desk that our slide was down. It didn't make it any easier when almost all of them thought we were joking. I spent a lot of time talking with parents, truly empathizing and doing everything I could to compensate to the extent of my ability. As i said, the water slide is working, It's 9pm and when I look up at the security monitor I see 16 people having a great time in our pool area.