“A little slice of heaven”
Review of Tangled Up in Blue

Tangled Up in Blue
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: American eclectic cuisine, fine dining restaurant, casual atmosphere. Intimate, not recommended for children, reservation highly recommended, limited hours and availability.
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Dining here is an experience in itself. Quaint, small, intimate, sometimes hard to get a reservation. I have eaten here over the years several times, and though the resident chef may change, the menu is always delicious and decadent. Great for a romantic dinner or a date. Wonderful wine selection.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

My wife and I had dinner at Tangled Up in Blue while in the Taylors Falls area for a week end getaway. The dinner was excellent. My beef Wellington was among the best that I have ever had, while the halibut that my wife ordered was the best ever. The restaurant is small and a bit funky in ambience. They take only one reservation every fifteen minutes during the evening to insure that the chef will have time to prepare the dinners for each table. The service was professional and unobtrusive. We will be happy to have an opportunity to go there again.

1  Thank BillW611
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Food is good but the Beef Wellington needs some improvement. Menu is limited. Wine list is average to good. Must try at least once.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

So, I read about this place and was DYING to go. I hauled my friend and her kids (10 & 13) here while we were on a trip spouting about how amazing it would be.

I wish I would have gotten the opportunity to find out.

First things first, I checked out their website to get the deets. Noted the hours of operation, took a look at the menu etc. I saw that they opened at 4:30, so we arrived right at 4:30... to find locked doors. We waited a few more minutes and still locked doors. Finally they opened the doors and we walked in all excited only to be met by a woman who was still setting up the diningroom and informed us that they don't open until 5. I was slightly irritated by this because the website specifically says "check back often as our times do change". Don't you think then that you'd be prompt about making sure the hours on your website are accurate?

We were also then informed that their business is a reservation only business. Now again, refer to the website and it says, "reservations are recommended but not required". She also put a menu in my hands, which upon scanning it was NOT the menu that they had posted on the website.

The woman asked if the menu looked ok and she said she thought she could squeeze us in around 8pm. Over 3 hours later! Well, since I had starved myself to be able to eat all the amazing food that was bragged about, I was way too hungry to wait that much longer. So we all walked away incredibly disappointed.

We went to a neighboring city to an awesome Pizza joint that we will go to instead of here every time we come up here now.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We chose this restaurant based on the reviews for a romantic dinner. Service and food were both excellent and we would definitely go back again. It is a little pricey and you will need reservations, but it was worth it.