“Broth!”

Vietnamese Lantern Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 31 Restaurants in Two Harbors
Reviewed 23 December 2017

I'm glad I went on this visit and not in years past. The owners bought this place less than a year ago. It had gotten a bad reputation because the last owner didn't care enough about the quality and never bothered to taste his own cooking.

I tried the Pho with shrimp. The broth is very good. Their Vietnamese egg rolls are good too. If anything, there's maybe a bit too much of the noodles. In the winter, more broth is better, especially if you're diabetic. Sides are minimal though. For one, they aren't busy enough to buy a case of bean sprouts twice a week because they spoil too quickly. Being small town MN you're not going to get cilantro or jalapeno either. Most of the menu is standard Chinese fare, cooked for the pale, MN palette. The owner I talked to is very nice and we had a good chat. I'll be making the Lantern a regular stop.

1  Thank Spaneen O

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I love Pho. The taste is very good. All others food in this place is delicious. Noodle, egg rolls are the best!!!

Will stop by eat more next time

Reviewed 20 September 2017

This is a very dated place with a lot of uneven walking areas. There is a lot on the menu and the food was okay although nothing special. The Vietnamese egg roll was really good. There didn't seem to be much help because we rarely saw the waitress.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

I didn't expect much when we walked into this dimly lit restaurant, but the waiter/maybe owner was very friendly and set us at ease as soon as we sat down. The service was quick and the food was excellent. Moderate size portions, which we prefer to the over-sized portions you get elsewhere. Yummy dinner.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

This restaurant could use some help, literally. Our hostess was also our waitress and the cook. The place could use upgraded decor as the booths were worn and the upholstery torn and shabby. Luckily the food was very good and it would be a sham to pass this place up on its looks alone. With a little TLC and increased staff (She is looking for help) they should be a go to place for some time. I would have given at least a 4 based on the food alone, however the condition of the place prevented me from doing so.