“Bed Bugs”

Budget Host Virginia
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Virginia
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The room was dirty. The sheets were stained. There were bed bugs!! Highly recommend you stay away!! The service was very poor. The person behind the desk was irritated because we askedfor help with the remote control as it wasn't working.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Margo B

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Did not end up staying here but cancelled as my son's friend made the reservation without my knowldege. I already had another reservation elsewhere. Hotels.com cancelled the reservation without issue when I explained the young man that had made the reservation was a minor. I then notified "Sam" at Budget Hotel of the issue. He said the minor's credit card would be charged the full amount anyway and was very, very rude. I explained that charging a minor was not legal. I then reached the manager, "Ric". He said to fax and email him the cancellation confirmation from Hotels.com. I did. He did not respond after repeated attempts and the hotel continued to charge a minor's debit card. I had my attorney contact the hotel, but "Sam" refused to allow her to speak to manager and hung up on her. What they are doing is clearly fraud. DO NOT GO NEAR THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank BJS1234Minnesota
Reviewed 11 March 2013

One word. no.

Smells. Weird. Bed was clean, though..I think. The shower curtain was FULL of mildew. I saw no continental breakfast, as advertised, and even if there were, I would not chance it. Weird plywood construction painted blue made the hotel look like a grade school project. The picture does not do this justice. My friend, who got there before me, ominously texted me with this: "What.have.you.done." I had a reservation, so I would lose my money, if I cancelled, so I stayed. I expected more, even from a chain. I literally could not wait to get out of there. The hotel should be torn down.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank psychswede
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We recently stayed here for the weekend. Eventhough there were bad reviews we thought we'd try it out as there aren't many hotels in the area, and the pics of the rooms looked okay. Don't know where they took pictures; not even similar to what we stayed in. The room was filthy. Coffee pot was so dirty. Microwave was filthy. We had to share the room with colonies of ladybugs everywhere. There was no continental breakfast as their site says. The owner charges whatever he feels like. Do not stay at this hotel if you can help it. Once you pay, there's NO getting a refund. We just had to tough it out and we're making sure we spread the word around. Budget Host should be embarrased to have this place on their chain. The owners may have put up new curtains, but what good are they if you can't see out the windows for dirt and dead bugs. DISGUSTING!! The heater wouldn't shut off on its own. Ran steady until we got up and shut it down. All we can say is NEVER again and we aren't picky people. One has to see it to believe what we're saying about this dive. Believe us; don't risk your holiday by staying here.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lariat
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I had a reservation for a friday nite that i made on the tuesday before, i had to cancel due to a car problem on the freeway on the way there. The person on the phone understood my problem and said " not a problem" is there a charge for canceling and do i need a cancelation number? No we will sell the room tonight. I got my credit card statement and there it was, they billed me anyway. when I tryed to talk with the owner he said there is nothing he can do" we have a five day cancelation policy" This is the worst place to do busniness with! BOYCOTT!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Robert R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Virginia
3.4 km away
5.2 km away
Pine View Inn
Pine View Inn
#2 of 4 in Virginia

Been to Budget Host Virginia? Share your experiences!