“This should be a $50 dollar a night at most”

Budget Host Virginia
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Virginia
Reviewed 17 February 2015

I thought I would be okay as the rate was $80 a night when everyone was over$100. The website said that there was continental breakfast and when I got there the person said that they haven't had that in three years. I told him it was on his site still which I showed him. My biggest issue is that the rooom needed a serious restoration. The springs in the mattress were almost coming through the fabric and were very uncomfortable to sleep on. The bathroom sink was leaking on the floor behind the sink and the sink stopper lever was broken. The entire room felt scketchy and was not comfortable. It would have been worth it to stay probably most anywhere else. Oh also the towels, bedding need replacement along with the mattress.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank unhappywithmystay

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Run run fast and far away from this place!!! Never ever have I seen such a nasty hotel/motel in all my traveling....bugs smashed on the walls...mold....nasty old bed n blankets are dirty the carpet looks to be the place to grow plants it's so full of dirt n stains...the manager is very hard to understand and very rude we left and found another hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stay Away, I don't think I have been at a nastier hotel since the 80's. Carpet dirty, wallpaper falling off the wall, matress was gross. I slept in my clothes on top of the bedspread and and grab the other one off the other bed just to find a big stain on the back side of it. I only stayed here because there was nothing else closer than 25 miles. Next time I will make the drive and stay in Hibbing or even Duluth, anywhere but here.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank davmach1
Reviewed 21 June 2014

First and foremost, the photos they provide online look nothing like this hotel in person. One could say, 'that's what you get for booking online', but I've booked the majority of my hotels online for the last 10-14 years and have Never been deceived so badly! At Least 4 hard drug users live here on a monthly level. One of which is our neighbor. The rooms had more than 20 flies and 30 mosquitos to greet us as well as a very distinct musky smell covered up with cheap incense. A full bottle of Febreeze did not mask the smell. The walls are paper thin and our neighbor tenant (not guest) had a couple small dogs that barked all hours of the night when other tenants stopped by for illicit activity. Seedy tenants walked the parking lot all night and sleep overall with our 4 month old child was non-existent. We were going to eat the costs and get another hotel, but everything was booked around town. We nearly opted to just sleep in our cars as that would have been a more comfortable sleep, but instead we stayed up all night laying in our foul mess waiting for the sun to rise. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. Comical really how bad this place truly is. On a positive note, they did offer free wifi, so I was able to make this review in my poor excuse of a hotel room.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Turn around and run away.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nick O
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Greeted by a rather unfriendly office manager that was in pajamas and seemed to be drunk at 8 pm at night. Had several rooms booked. All were very old and tired furnishings - felt like a step back in time. They all smelled weird. Upstairs was supposed to be non-smoking, but the room next to us were smokers and kept smoking right outside our window. The room had no toilet paper. The back window blew open and there was no way to close it because the wood was totally rotted out around the window and the window crank was broken.
The only reason we stayed was because we would have had to pay for the rooms anyway - and find another place to stay and pay for that as well.
Never will we ever return to this place.... it was the worst I have ever been to!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family