“Quality Food”

Lucky China Restaurant
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 23 December 2017

I really enjoy the food at Lucky China and the employees treat you with respectful kindness. The food is very good and pricing is reasonable. Menu covers a good range of meals. You could book a party celebration there. I really liked the peacefulness offered along with the friendliness. Can't go wrong here.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Service was excellent. Helpful, courteous, fun hostess/waitress. Food was above average but not remarkable. Cost was very reasonable. No buffet, which I would have preferred but lots of choices.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back but not my first choice.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

This place is an interesting mix of Chinese and Korean. I went with my friend for her to "introduce" me to some Korean, but she was confused at the options. The waitress was helpful and nice. Her service was great. The food was just OK. My friend really liked hers. I've had and I've liked Korean before, but I did not especially like this. The pickled taste is not my favorite, nor was the battered beef. Perhaps I should have read the menu closer, but I am quite familiar with a lot of Asian foods... this was just unique and not my favorite.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

I went here based on the positive Yelp reviews and was not disappointed. The food was fresh, there is a large selection, the service was fast and the place was clean. What I appreciated the most is you can get the lunch size portion any time of the day.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

I like spicy Szechewan dinners with lots of heat. My kids like the equivalent of Chinese chicken McNuggets. This is one of the few restaurants where we all have exactly what we want and generally take home enough for lunch the next day.

This is a family run place that seems to draw the Asian population of the city--every time I go there's conversation in another language at the next table. The staff are courteous and the place is crispy clean.

Both the lunch and dinner menus include soup to start with a choice of chicken noodle or the excellent hot and sour soup, both with tender julienned carrots.

Entrees come with a choice of chicken wing or wontons and brown or white rice.

For the past five years I've been there at least weekly for lunch. Two of us order and the bill is about $13 total. They cheerfully box up leftovers that are plenty for dinner, and we're not people with modest appetites.

Like many of the great neighborhood places, the exterior is nothing special. It's sandwiched between a Perkins and the Lebanese restaurant, which is also quite good. But you can't miss it; it's located right on Robert Street, the major thoroughfare and about 7 minutes south of downtown St Paul.