“Good Neighborhood Spot”

Caspers Cherokee Sirloin Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Caspers Cherokee Sirloin Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2018

The Cherokee used to be an above average old style steakhouse. It is now more or less a good neighborhood restaurant spot with good hamburgers (my husband said one of the best he's ever had) plus the usual range of average chicken, steaks and fish entries. The night we were there, several people were in the bar area playing bingo. The whole place has a comfy feel. There are lots of B&W pictures of old St. Paul. It is a "very good" restaurant of its type.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Where else can you get a crab leg dinner for $23?!? How about the jumbo scallop dinner for $19.95?!? Included was soup or salad (great caesar, and fabulous blue cheese dressing on the mixed salad), bread basket, veggies and a choice of potatoes. Add a glass of wine for $8-$9 and you have a perfect meal. Unfortunately, despite being extremely friendly, the service was unbearably slow. Understaffed? Slow kitchen? Not sure what the problem was but it was clear that it affected the entire restaurant. So, my recommendation is to go before you are starving, and if you aren't in a hurry ... but definitely go.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Had a fabulous dinner with friends on February 21, 2018!!! We ordered the 12 oz. Limousine steak with baked potato and salad. The steak was done to order perfectly and it was a tender and tasty piece of meat!!! I haven't had a good steak like that in a long time. The meal arrived in a very timely manner, our service was good, waiter checked on us often, but didn't over do, to ensure we were having a good dining experience. Waiter was friendly and courteous and did a great job. We then ordered dessert, which was to die for, we had the cheesecake with the mixed berry topping and a dollop of whip cream on the side. Cheesecake was very smooth, moist and great tasting. It topped off our evening!! The only complaint was it was a little chilly in the restaurant, make sure you dress warm. I would definitely return!!!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

This used to be a place my parents would take everyone for special occasion & I remember great steaks. It would have been nice if "George"had mentioned there was a special menu for Valentines Day when I made the reservation but oh well. We each had the lobster bisque that was a way too big of a portion & had pretty decent flavoring not one speck of lobster or anything else other than rather thin broth. Very disappointing! When the manager made the rounds asking how everything was I asked "where was the lobster in the bisque?" he cringed & said he asked the chef the same thing earlier in the day. I ordered the 36 oz. Porterhouse..... it may have been 36 oz. before being cut in half horizontally but no more. It was maybe 1/2 inch thick but it was cooked okay. My date ordered the chicken cordon bleu and was sure it was a pre made item - even asked the manager and he swore the chef made them individually that morning. The au' gratin potatoes were good & the asparagus was really good. Lastly, my Cosmo was very sad. A whole lot of cranberry juice & very little else. All in all it isn't the high quality place gone by & it's doubtful we'll return again - very unfortunate. Oh, I will say our waitress who was an older woman was very pleasant.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

The food was ok, filling, but nothing to write home about, or a review about. The coffee was so-so. Would return with buddies if they wanted to.