“Great but.........”

Portillo's Hot Dogs
Ranked #37 of 106 Restaurants in Woodbury
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Born and raised in northern Illinois brought the added benefit of eating at Portillo's every opportunity I had when traveling into Chicago and the suburbs. When I heard they were coming to Minnesota I was elated. If you haven't tried them, you must! My favorite...the combination sausage and Italian beef. I've never had a bad meal here. NEVER! With that said however I can't recommend the cheese fries. Not that they're bad, they're just not great. The cheese sauce is so bland. With all of the amazing food here I expected a bit more. In the past I loved their sauce, and perhaps it's changed over time.

Still this is a place worth the visit, but you may wait in line awhile. It's that popular.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

To bad I can’t give zero stars. I ordered food for delivery for myself and my coworker. I ordered a hot dog with everything, a sausage with everything, large fries with cheese, onion rings with cheese, and coleslaw. I received everything except my onion rings and cheese. I called and told them I did not receive my onion rings the lady tells me yes you did I packed it myself. Then she says are you sure you ordered onion rings and cheese. I wanted to say seriously you just insisted you packed them now you are going to play like I didn’t order them but I did not speak what I was thinking. I just replied yes I am sure she put on her manager who than promised me a refund because the store was closed and no more deliveries where going out. He told me 3-5 days for a refund It has been over a week no refund. I am very frustrated that I was charged for food I never received and did not get the refund promised. I will never order from Portillo’s again. I suggest you don’t order from them unless you want to get cold food and ripped off.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This place is fairly cavernous, a large, dark room with a very high ceiling. The decor is faux Chicago memorabilia. You order at the counter, and pick it up at an another. The woman at the counter seemed uncomfortable taking our order and had some trouble understanding what we wanted. They have a screen at the counter level where you can review what you ordered, and it would have been easier to enter the order ourselves. If you order drinks, the order taker doesn't give it to you when you order; you receive your drinks with the rest of the order, and there are no free refills. It took about 15 minutes for our order to be ready, which was longer than we typically experience in sit down restaurants with wait staff. When it was ready, my husband got what he ordered, but I didn't. He thought his Italian beef sandwich was great. We also really enjoyed the onion rings and chocolate cake. I ate the sandwich I was given because by then, I was hungry. It was OK...a deep fried chicken patty on a stale bun. As others have mentioned, they are still in the eco Stone Age, placing sandwiches and drinks in styrofoam containers. The prices were very reasonable. But I wouldn't go here again unless someone else really wanted to. There are so many other restaurant options in the immediate area with better service and food.

1  Thank sunnyjazz1028
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Craving a Combo, I went to Portillo's. Really the only choice around here for this Chicago item. I like my Italian Combo's really wet. "Dipped" according to the menu. I ordered it dipped and it came fairly dry. I have enjoyed Portillo's for years and eaten at many Portillo's establishments.

This is the third time I've ordered the Combo "Dipped" at the Woodbury restaurant and gotten a fairly dry sandwich. I ordered it to go otherwise would have asked for some juice on the side. I'm hoping that this branch of Portillo's starts training their cashiers/sandwich makers that when a customer orders "Dipped",

Please take a note they want their sandwich sopping wet.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Love the food but the prep and delivery is a bastion of inefficiency and slowness. Utter confusion every time, whether eat in or thru the drivethru. Today they were OUT OF CAKE. How?!?!? Poor management.

1  Thank Chris O