“Great service, horrible food”
Review of Project Lounge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

If I was writing a review strictly based on service, I’d rate it 5 stars. The employees here are awesome. Very kind and hospitable. Any time I have ordered food from this place, whoever is working don’t mind bringing my order out to my car when I have my children with me. You don’t know how much I appreciate that, and I know they don’t have to do that. They are the only reason I am giving this place any stars at all. The food is what I am reviewing. I’ve only visited this place 4 times and it was strictly to get food to go. I have never actually spent time here.
The reason I am giving this place one star is because of the food. First of all, I don’t understand why they claim to have the best burger on the coast. I mean, it might be the best burger on the coast to someone who has been drinking all day on an empty stomach. But to someone who is sober, it is the absolute worst burger I have ever tasted. I’ve actually gotten better burgers from McDonalds. That’s pretty darn bad. It’s not the quality of the meat at all. The quality of the meat is actually very good. It’s the taste that kills it. I have had their burger 3 times, I figured I’d try to give it a chance. I thought that maybe the cook was having a bad day or something the first two times. But no, it was equally horrible every time I tried it. I order my burgers well-done, every time I eat a burger I order it that way. This is the only place I’ve ever ordered a burger at that has that horrible, bitter burnt taste. The only flavors I get from this burger besides the condiments and garden is that horrid burnt taste mixed with a hint of Worcestershire sauce. Oh man, it’s nasty. The burger with the chips is $6.
Tonight I decided to order the grilled tuna steak sandwich cooked seared with potato salad. This sandwich is $10. I absolutely LOVE seared tuna steak. This is literally the only tuna steak I’ve ever tried that I’ve absolutely hated. As soon as I bit into it, I immediately spat it out. I can’t even explain the taste of this sandwich, it’s just absolutely horrible. Fishy with a very weird taste that I can not describe. There is no way that the tuna is fresh, by the way. You can actually tell when you taste it. Even when you just look at it, you can tell it’s been frozen and probably for quite some time. The green sauce it comes with is absolutely delicious though. It tastes like a wasabi sauce without the heat. I actually wouldn’t mind it even with a little bit of heat. But besides the sauce, the sandwich is terrible. The bread is even terrible and looks like it has a ton of grease on it. The bread is toasted and it even has that really bad, bitter burnt taste. I’m guessing that taste must be stuck on the grill or something because I swear, everything that comes off of the grill has that same exact taste. The potato salad wasn’t bad at all. It was actually alright. I’d give the potato salad maybe 3 1/2 stars out of 5.
I ordered the jumbo hot dogs for my kids to eat. Man, that was even nasty. Both of my kids took one bite and refused to eat anymore and they love hot dogs. I thought maybe they were just being your typical picky food eating kids so I tasted it. Absolutely terrible. Again, they had that bitter burnt taste and once again, just like with the burger and the tuna steak, the bread was “toasted” and had that greasy stuff on it accompanied by that horrible bitter burnt taste that seemingly every thing that comes off of their grill has. The hot dogs with the chips were $5 a piece.
In conclusion, I’d say that I will never order any food from here again unless they change something with that grill. Maybe clean it really good or just get a new one installed. I’m not sure what needs to happen, but I honestly think the grill has something burnt stuck to it that is giving their grilled foods an absolutely horrible taste. Of course if I’m not ever going to eat here again, I would not recommend anyone else to eat here either.
As for the employees and the place itself goes, I wouldn’t mind going to this place to unwind and have a drink. The employees are awesome and very kind. The bar does allow smoking, but I don’t mind that at all. I actually prefer it like that because if I’m going to be out drinking, I’m going to smoke and I don’t feel like having to walk outside every time I light up a cigarette. That would be a huge inconvenience to have to do.
If the owner or manager is reading this review, please do something about your grill. I really wanted to love your food, but I just couldn’t get past that bitter burnt taste. I’ve read a lot of reviews from people raving about your burger and saying nothing but good things about the rest of your food, but they were all old reviews. I’m thinking that maybe something must have happened to the grill or something since all of those older reviews were written. What I’m saying is, your food has obviously had a pretty good reputation, especially the burgers. I absolutely hate having to say nothing but bad things about the food, but something needs to be said about that nasty taste so maybe y’all can do something to improve it.

1  Thank Raven B
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Some locals recommended this place and I have to say when we pulled up to it, I thought those locals were playing tricks on us. Lol. It's a dive ... Old style beer joint, with candles on the tables, light enough you can almost read the menu. HOWEVER ... The ribeye steak sandwich, with grilled onions, was mouth wateringly good. Potato salad was good too. Would definitely go back.

2  Thank Charla C
Reviewed 15 June 2015

I always look for the best burger wherever I go. This trip I found myself in Biloxi. On a whim, I asked someone where the best burger was...and they said THE PROJECT LOUNGE. Had to get directions, but glad I did! I had the cheeseburger, my wife had the hamburger. Absolutely one of the best anywhere! Warning! It's dark. It's a lounge. Man up. The bartender and the girl doing the cooking could not have been friendlier!

So...you say you are looking for a great hamburger? You have found it!

2  Thank KENNETH M
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This Place has been around for a long time , food is always awesome ,there specialty is late night drinking food and one of the best steak sandwich's on the coast

Adventure Bums