US$134
US$55
US$50
Hotels.com
US$67
Best Western Inn(West Helena)
US$81
Delta Inn(West Helena)
US$54
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
High Cotton Condos(Clarksdale)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdelta bluesher momstayed herezeeredsjukecookesporch
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

Since 1942 this historic landmark hotel has accomodated many of the most famous Delta Blues musicians. Now managed by the third generation of the Ratliff Family, "Zee" welcomes you with gracious Southern hospitality. Rooms are super clean with shared bathrooms, each one unique. Wi-fi works great. While the place offers basic facilties, the location is ideal; walking distance from Red's Lounge, Ground Zero Blues Club and other downtown spots. Rooms are $65.00 and reservations are taken by phone or e-mail; zlratliff@ yahoo.com

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SRogers39
Reviewed 11 October 2015

While visiting Clarksdale we had to stop bye. As we were pulling up to the Riverside Inn Zee (owner) was sitting on the front porch out of the sun. She greeted us with a warm welcome and a Huge smile on her face. What was totally unexpected Zee gave us a 10 min tour and history of the property - amazing !! .What a lovely lady and if we ever visit Clarksdale again we will definitely book to stay at this Historic Hotel.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pysgodyn
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

If you want old-school authentic Delta blues character, it's pretty hard to top this place. You can read the stories of this one-time segregated hospital cum musician haven elsewhere - I'll just tell you my story.

Prices and booking are done via phone/email with Zee, the owner (daughter of the beloved Frank Ratliff who ran this place for decades). My 2 daughters and I were set up in the Sonny Boy Williamson room on a weeknight for $70 cash. Can't argue with that! I was afraid we'd be arriving too late (around 9) but she said no problem.

There is no parking lot - you'll be on the curb. We were also the only car on the block (we did a bit better in time and beat Zee there). It was admittedly a moment that gave slight pause, but then Zee came up and all was well. You're family as soon as you meet her - hugs all the way around.

She gave us a 10-minute tour - as we were the only tenants for the night, she opened up all the rooms and let us soak in the aura of Bessie Smith's final moments and rock & roll's birth pangs via Ike Turner. My kids settled in, and I continued to talk to her about music, Clarksdale, and the relationships she's made with guests from around the world - good times. She's also got lots of area info to set you up for your stay, which starts off just a couple of blocks away at the Crossroads. As I settled back in my room, I walked the narrow hallway and just tried to grasp the different lives that have walked this way - it was almost too much to fathom.

As mentioned, we were the only ones staying the night, but there is a guy who hangs out in the front office and he's got security monitors so there's no worries about your belongings - no hellhounds on your trail at this place. He also made coffee for me in the morning.

Clarksdale is not a town hurting for fantastic places to stay for cheap. Between the Riverside or the Shack Up Inn, you'll have a stay you'll never forget. But if you want to feel the spirits of the past, this is the one you should pick.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Scott W
Reviewed 14 July 2015

We stayed here three nights during a musical road trip from Memphis to New Orleans, and we had a wonderful stay.
Of course I agree with all the reviews emphasising on this hotel's historical value and what a unique experience it is to stay here. I cannot really add anything there.
But I would like to add that it is actually very comfortable as well, with spotless clean rooms, comfortable beds, fridge and air-con, at a very good price. I believe some rooms also have a micro. And we felt completely safe all the time. Honestly I think you'll need to be far more "adventurous" to stay in the general low-budget hotel in London or Paris, than in this very well run property in Clarksdale.
The location is perfect, with all of the top sights, clubs and restaurants within walking distance.
And last, but not least, Zee and the others are wonderful, welcoming people who make you feel at home instantly. And they contributed greatly to our wonderful stay here.
Blues history and adventure aside, if you don't have an urgent need for room service or a swimming pool, or if you cannot share bathroom with other guests, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Clarksdale, for any reason.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Urban A
Reviewed 9 April 2015

This stop along the Mississippi Delta Blues trail is for the adventurous traveler & co. As such, it rather defies the standard rating system for a hotel stay. The beds are old -- they are intended to be -- and the open flame heating gas heating might actually freak out a traveler with traditional expectations. But our intrepid family of five was "all in" for the experience once we could finally decide on the room arrangements. (It would be difficult for 2 adults or teenager to share a bed, by the way.) Given that, the proprietress was exceptionally welcoming and accommodating. We were the only guests that night, and it was hard to ignore the "struggling nature" of this enterprise.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family