“Horrible service”

Island View Casino Resort
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
“Horrible service”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My fiancé and I decided to have lunch at C&G Grill. We were seated and had to wait 10min for a waiter to come to take our order. It took 15min after we made our order to receive our drinks. Keep in mind the resturaunt was not even busy. So we decided to go to the manager of C&G and let her know of our poor service. She decided to act very rude and was not nice by no means. We then decided to contact the manager over the grill. He listened to are story about what took place and left to speak with her. We waited thinking that he would handle this matter and apologize for her attitude and bad service. Beau Tosh the manager returned and was yelling and cursing at us to leave and said we we not allowed back. This was completely handled the wrong way. I've never in my life been so embarrassed and insulted!!! I don't know why these supposed to be professionals were acting so terrible to us. What did we do???? So uncalled for!!!

• Stayed January 2012
10 Thank Michelle228

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Houston
Reviewed 23 December 2011

On our drive to Florida (from TX), we spent a night at the Island View on 12/6/2011. The accomodations were better than expected, and my wife appreciated having a mini-fridge in the room. Most casino resorts ... at least the ones we've visited ... do not off er this amenity.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Illusive333
BEAVERTON
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We used to enjoy this casino ever since it opened. With our level of play we always qualified for 2 buffet dinners on our comps. Also there buffet is not the greatest, especially their meat selection is mediocre, it was nice enough considering it was free. Well since a few months something must have changed. Surely it was not our level of play - actually I'd rather think that increased - but we now at best qualify for a take out sandwich for one or two. As there are many other casinos in this area that offer much better food comps and food for that matter, I suggest gamble somewhere else. We brought this to the attention of players club/VIP desk and sadly they had nothing to say or offer.

Room Tip: Players Club and VIP Desk totally unhelpful.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Lucky1499
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I have being flying to the The Island View Casino Resort for three years now! It offers first-class amenities and spacious hotel rooms with very comfortable beds! It has the best and most impressive, gaming floor around! They offer fun games where anyone has a chance to win "Free Play" just having your player card turned on!

Their delious diverse range of restaurant choices and first class room service is over the top! The buffett has working food stations and I actually learned how to make "Spring rolls" by watching their awesome food service staff! ( Paul, Pearla, Heather and Sarah are so helpful)) Honestly, I wish they would get a small gym , because I over eat while I'm there! Two elipticals and a few bikes would keep me in shape! Untill then, I run around the property where the security personnel is always abundant!

We have had family reunions there and everyone had a great time! Most of us fly to the Island View, now instead of Vegas! The new pool area is an attractive recent addition! Also, the VIEW bar always has superior entertainment , a good dance floor and plenty of modern lounge couches to fall into! I love to dance to the great bands they showcase!

The bar tenders and waitresses are above all others in the area,. as if they are hand picked! BT: Lee, Brian, Mark, Robbie, Chris, Stu, Rusty, Chad, Joey,Joel and Waitresses : Valerie,Barbie,Niny,Tasha,Jenn, Rose, & many more make my stay pleasent!! They are professional and cordial! If you are a sloppy foul mouthed drunk, they will "not serve you" alcohol but offer you coffee! That sensible move is why I play there! I can't be bothered playing the other casino's that allow customer mayhem and shady dealings going on. I feel safe,secure, comfortable, welcomed , well rested and happy when I am there! I have had nothing but FUN each and everytime I visit, THE ISLAND VIEW!
God bless,
Sincerely, Cathy Coughanour

Room Tip: End rooms are bigger and longer. They have smoker floors if you smoke!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank eatingapplepie
Franklin, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Large beautiful rooms in a friendly casino hotel- very clean with free wireless internet. The casino is large with a nice variety of gemes. The buffet has a great selection of food - especially Southern cooking.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank grannymaryp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
1.2 km away
21.0 km away
IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi
5.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express Long Beach

Been to Island View Casino Resort? Share your experiences!