All reviews rooftop bar koi pond downtown jackson sitting room fries biscuits small hotel chain hotel southern breakfast outside patio breakfast was delicious great place to stay road trip southern charm yogurt enjoyed my stay oci
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I thought the Old Capitol Inn was great; location was perfect, as I was working at the Mississippi Department of Archives and History, which was right around the corner. The room was charming and the staff was very helpful. My only feedback is that I wish Fox News wasn't blaring at me every time I came down the stairs. I'm sure a lot of guests don't mind it, but I'd suggest you opt for something more neutral, or put something else on besides news.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Andrew M
oldcapitolinn, Owner at Old Capitol Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

What a nice surprise this was. We were on a road trip and looking for a place for the night in Jackson. We booked the Old Capitol based on positive ratings and we were not disappointed. It's a very nice place, historic feeling yet still modern and updated. The staff was very nice and accommodating. We did not partake in the free breakfast.

It is very reasonably priced and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TChicagah
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We came to town for business, and this place was a new choice for us. We had a clean, cute room, with a cozy bed, and an adorable little balcony overlooking the garden area. The breakfast was sooo good, and is complimentary. Staff was extremely friendly as well. We will definitely be back again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2018

So....five years ago I stayed at Old Capitol Inn for 2 nights while in Jackson. It was great!
I recently made reservations for 3 nights wondering if it would be the same experience 5 years later. It was just as great!! Again, I felt like I was in a home away from home! The place is an old YWCA-"southern old school" but not "tired"...great location-downtown right next to new Civil Right Museum...breakfast is amazing...I could go on and on. There's a brand new giant hotel in downtown Jackson. Go there if you want a high priced same old experience as any other city hotel. If you want southern charm, a great sleep followed by an amazing breakfast, book yourself into the Old Capitol Inn. You won't regret it!!

Room Tip: rooms are all individually decorated. I was in room 14 that overlooked courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank rev123
oldcapitolinn, Owner at Old Capitol Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Very kind words!! Thank you so much for your support! Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

My first time to stay, and it will not be my last. The room was nice and the breakfast was outstanding. The staff was friendly, and I enjoyed my stay there for 4 days. The towel warmer is awesome. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business