“Extended stay here for business”

Candlewood Suites Pearl
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Starting in early-May to late-July I stayed in this hotel. Overall, it was a nice stay, most of the people working there area great, but there is one individual of Indian decent who always has a bluetooth in his ear who is a jerk, but everyone else is great. Housekeeping comes once a week and they do a good job of cleaning. The hotel room comes with dishes, glasses, silverware, pots and pans.

A consistent problem that I had that management did very little about was a constant smell of cigarette smoke in my room. Management told me that you are only allowed to smoke on the 4th floor and I was on the 1st, and they tried to tell me that the smoke was coming from the 4th floor down into my room. That got old really quickly.

Room Tip: Affordable, A/C works well
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
jenturner7528, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Mr. William: I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your recent review. We appreciate all feedback from our guest that can assist with the quality of service that our staff offers. We welcome the opportunity to exceed your guest expectations in the future. We apologize that we missed the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your recent stay. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Although most people use Candlewood for longer stays, we were looking for a Holiday Inn group property to use on our escape from Hurricane Harvey on our way to North Carolina. The Candlewood was available for a reasonable level of reward points I had accumulated so I booked it. We arrived very late but were happy to be greeted by a friendly desk person and given a convenient room location. We enjoyed a hot shower, a restful night and left the next morning prepared for a very long day of driving.

Room Tip: Ours was convenient to the side door making unloading and reloading convenient
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shortknocer

Thank you so much for your recent review. We love exceeding our guests expecations. We welcome the opportunity to service your overnight stay needs again in the future. Again thank you for your recent stay.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My first impression was set when I stepped out of the car and heard a bunch of drunks in the outside pavilion dropping f-bombs every third word. It could only go up from there. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was below average and the springs (or something) in the mattress were poking through. Didn't get much sleep. The room looked worn. The desk clerk at checkout was also friendly and helpful. It was an OK stay, but I'll be looking for another option next time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Hello Robert M,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. I am happy that you found our Front Desk staff accommodating. However, I really regret that the condition of the bed and room negatively affected your overall satisfaction. I apologize for any shortfalls you have encountered during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Price was a little steep, but you get what you pay for. I was really surprised, very spacious room and very clean, kitchenette, nice sitting area, closet and bathroom were large. very comfortable and very clean. Nice to find a place after stopping at several other hotels in the area that were booked before 9 pm.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
jenturner7528, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Candlewood experience with others. We value our guest opinions. Please do not hesitate to visit us again soon. Thanks, Jennifer T.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

We are originally from this area so we know where not to stay. This was our first time to stay at Candlewood. It was a nice room. Better than most in the area for the price. My only complaint is how unfriendly and uninviting the people at the lobby desk were. Mississippi is definitely not the Hospitality State anymore atleast at this hotel. Especially the one at night. I spoke, my kids spoke and he acted bothered. I hate rude people especially when paying my hard earned money. Other than that it's a decent place to stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
jenturner7528, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

We appreciate your feedback and we are glad that your guest room met your satisfaction. We hope to have you and your family here again in the future. Thanks again for your recent stay.

Jennifer T.