“Wonderful local café”

Schoolyard Cafe
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Cherrybrook
Price range: US$3 - US$60
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

As much as I’m writing this in Mar 18, this cafe has been a regular visit for our family for a year. The coffee is great, food thoughtfully presented, options for kids that are edible and good - all of this married with friendly customer service that makes you enjoy the experience even more. And the cakes are amazing when they have them!

2  Thank Andrew Y

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

My parents go here all the time and I had been dying to visit, so when we came on holidays it was top of my list! Delicious coffee and a muffin so fresh I was in heaven!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Awesome new cafe in Cherrybrook! Great all day breaky, salads, burgers and cakes. Friendly staff and great service. Highly recommend - will definitely be back soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I made this now newish cafe in Cherrybrook our fav place to go for a quickie date. So we have visited it at least 2 to 3 time a month, but the only consistent complaint is that the grilled food is coated in carbonised bits (see pic). On my burger, on my wife's chicken pieces, on eggs (blacken under the egg) all from the grill and hot plate. We have pointed these issues three times so far to the staff but it falls on deaf ears it seems. The pic below was taken last time we went. My wife sent back her chicken dish because the chicken was covered in black bits. When we went to a cafe in a neighbouring suburb and and ordered similar dishes from the grill they came out grillled with no black bits!.

Looks like sandwiches, wraps and cold salads are their only strengths...

We are now put off going to the Schoolyard ...

Management response:Responded 22 September 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. As a new business we genuinely appreciate all that we receive- positive, constructive or negative! We have the attitude and approach that- (like being a student at school) - that is how we learn, grow and develop to be better.
I would like to apologise that your grilled food has come back with black bits on it and am surprised as I have personally never been made aware of this issue. I can assure you that our grill and hot plate are cleaned thoroughly throughout the day and intensively at the end of service. I would love for you and your wife to come back- quickie date or long date- to try our new Spring Menu. Please shoot us an email. Warm Regards, Meg

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I reckon they serve the best coffee around the area. The muffin, bread and cake are all tasty. I have tried flat white and my partner had a chai latte. The staff are very friendly and well-mannered. That's pleasing. It shows that they love their job. We didn't need to wait long for the food and drinks to be served. Yes, it is a good place to enjoy your meal or snacks. I would certainly love to go there more often as I have found this little gem in Dural.