“Late dinner”

AC's Steakhouse Pub
Ranked #36 of 156 Restaurants in Southaven
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Description: Fine dining food in a casual atmosphere Locals serving locals #wearefresh #wearefoodies #wearefamily
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived Sunday night at 7:30--hardl6 s car in the lot. After entering, the host told us nicely that we were fine to eat, but the close at 8 on Sundays.
The service was exceptional, but the food was only fair. We split a rib eye, which looked more like a NY Strip. It was perfectly medium rare, but tough. Ribeyes in Iowa are more marbled and tender. The sides, baked potato w butter, cheesy grits, broccoli, and caesar salad were all good. I am picky about overcooked veggies and this was perfect. Drinks were good.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

AC’s needs to decide if it wants to be a sports pub or steakhouse. This place was recommended by a local and we were quite disappointed. The reason for the 2 stars is the value for the meal and overall experience.
The steaks we had were ok, but not worth the price they have them listed for, even though they come with a side. There was nothing special about the steak. Out two person ticket was $100, the meal was worth about $70, tops.
Won’t go back again.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Tidex16
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Went here on a Saturday night with my wife and sons. The place was only about half full and we had a seat immediately. Waitress came quickly and took our order. No bread was offered. Between the four of us, we ordered kids mac and cheese, a soup and salad, a grilled salmon dish, and a quarter pound burger. Wait was and excruciating 40 minutes. Kids mac and cheese was advertised as Kraft's and it was. Straight out the box, no additions, no modifications. I guess it was as it should be, but pricey for that. French onion soup had far too much cheese on top and was otherwise tasteless. Salad was fine. Salmon was good, but not particularly tasty. Burger appeared pre-made, was over cooked and on a bun that was soppy wet with butter. Fries served with the burger were stale and a bit cold. For close to $70, the whole meal tasted like something you would get at a cafeteria for less than half the price. I realize there are few good options in the area, but you would be well advised to try an alternative. This was not worth the price.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 July 2018

I was taken tonight for my birthday dinner. Ordered a filet mignon well-done. It was served almost blood red. The manager took it back TWICE and it still was brought to me pink. The menu clearly states that steaks are cooked to a color guide. Brown inside is a well done steak. They know what it is, so why can't they cook it correctly? I was with family so I tried not to let it ruin my meal, but it was difficult. I know that most people do not want steak cooked well and that is their business. I do not eat undercooked meat and that is my prerogative. Shame on you AC, you won't see me again.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank SouthernGent86
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We went to AC’s based on a recommendation from a friend on a good steakhouse. The prices aren’t cheap but not in the Ruth Chris or Folk’s Folly neighborhood, but it is worth it. Everyone in our party raved about their steak. Only issue was the baked potatoes, not sure if they were overcooked or if they were leftover potatoes from the night before, but they were not very good.

Date of visit: March 2018