“Good NY style pie”

Avellino Pizza
Ranked #32 of 150 Restaurants in Southaven
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I ordered the mozzarella and meat sauce, and a small pepperoni pizza. The food was still really hot when it arrived. Quality of cheese and toppings was really good. The mozzarella was also good, the meat sauce made them better. Quick delivery at 7pm. Would eat it again.

Avellinos, Owner at Avellino Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thanks JRockTN! Glad you enjoyed it! Looking forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2017

So far, the best pizza we have found in Southaven. If you need it delivered they are always quick and very nice!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

all food has been well prepared and very tasty. Service is great and personnel are very friendly. The bbq pizza was real good

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

We arrived shortly before 9pm and felt like we might be welcome because they didn't close until 10pm. Boy, were we wrong! We were snubbed right off. We were seated and I ordered an appetizer and chicken parm. The waitress told me how long it took (15 minutes) because she clearly WANTED OUT of there. I told her I would like the chicken, after she suggested some items that took less time to cook. The salads came and I picked the brown parts out my lettuce while my friend returned her dressing because it was nothing but mayonnaise and ranch mix. Eventually, the entree came. The appetizer never did. My friend's ravs were decent. The chicken parm looked like the pasta was not even strained. It was a watery mess. Our waitress drug the mop and bucket out at 9:30, after turning away a customer at 9:20- guilting him into leaving because the kitchen was trying to close. "Her co-worker met her at the door and exclaimed, I can't freaking wait to get out of here!" Our waitress mopped while we asked for boxes as our presence was clearly not welcome. It's really too bad. The place had good reviews. My friend lives close. We will never be back. I understand the owners are very nice and this behavior is not up to their standards.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Avellino's was recommended by the front desk at our hotel (Residence Inn in South Haven, Mississippi). What a great choice! We ordered pizza for delivery; a cheese only for the 6 and 8 year olds, and a sausage combo for the 2 adults, plus 2 cannoli for dessert. Pizza was promised in 30-35 minutes to our door and they met the timeline perfectly. Our delivery guy was friendly. The pizzas were piping hot and the cannoli were in their own separate containers and chilled. This place really knows their stuff!! The pizzas were wonderful. The cheese pizza had lots of cheese over a rich and flavorful red sauce. The combo pizza was loaded with toppings over the same sauce and was so good. Later the cannoli were equally wonderful. This dessert is one of our favorites and these were the best we've had in a very long time.
Although we were traveling through, our return trip in 2 weeks will take us to Avellino Pizza again. Can't wait to try the actual restaurant. This place has my highest recommendation.