“Fantastic service! Great sushi!”

Akita Sushi & Hibachi Steakhouse
Ranked #24 of 158 Restaurants in Southaven
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Went here with a group of 4 on a busy Sunday afternoon. Service was on point and immediately greeted us for a table. Ordered a few apps that felt like the kitchen read our minds b/c it took less time for our apps(2 min) than my beer(2.5 min). It was great tasting fish and on point dumplings. The sauce with the dumplings AMAZING!!! Ordered more sauce to take home. Then came the entrees. Huge portions for the kids shrimp. The sushi rolls though MY GOD! Fantastic! We had the avocado/peanut roll, the Big poboy roll, and a few more. All great. Overall if given the chance to be in Southaven again I will visit here!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We've been to restaurant on four or five occasions. The first visit, about a year ago, was the best. The food and the service were great. But it seems that each visit since has gone down hill. The servers since our first visit have all paled in comparison to our first. They seem uninterested and not real happy about being there. And they never smile. The last time we were there during a weeknight, we were seated at a booth, and then waited over 10 minutes and no one came to our table. A waitress was sitting across from us in another booth, talking with someone, and paying no attention to us. I got her attention and asked if someone would be coming to help us soon. She got up, said something to someone else and then sat back down. But then another 5 minutes went by and no one came to the table. So we got up and left. And when we did, no one seemed to care. So we have no plans on going back. On the positive side, the atmosphere is great and the food is delicious. But bad service makes for a bad experience regardless!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Akita is relatively new to our market. I love the tempura, shrimp, veggies, etc. and my husband always gets the scallop stir-fry. The scallops are huge. Full bar. You can dine hibatchi style or at a table. Lots of sushi options for those that are into that.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

You won't find a better Japanese Hibachi restaurant anywhere else. Simply amazing! I especially recommend the fried rice, and the teriyaki chicken.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I have eaten several Japanese Hibachi restaurants and this is up there with the best. The chef made us special spicy chicken and played with fire. Overall great place to eat. I did not eat sushi.