“Great basic Italian ”

Lonnie Tant's ltalia Pizza Cafe
Ranked #7 of 147 Restaurants in Southaven
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

This is the fourth time we have eaten here while visiting family. This day we had mozz sticks, chicken parmigiana, lasagna and spinach salad with chicken. Great red sauce. Fresh salad with warm tastey chicken, meaty lasagna. Nice garlic knots. Just excellent basic Italian food. Btw have had there pizza as well before. Great New York style! Give it a try. Great people too!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Love he uses fresh produce everyday. Veggie pizza tasted great! Can't eat to go back and try one of the stromboli's. They're huge!

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

We went and ate dinner here while staying at a hotel down the street because I was craving pizza. I love New York style and have had several pieces of authentic while traveling and I have to say this isn't even close. The garlic knots were not garlicky and a tad hard. They were out of toasted ravioli which is what I really wanted to try. The sauce did not taste like homemade 9it might be but I was not impressed with it).

The crust was too crispy. A good NY style has that just right balance of soft and crisp.

I gave then three stars because of the service. Everyone was so nice but the food was a 1 to me personally.

1  Thank SmurfySmurfette80
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

We ate here for a late lunch early dinner. Pizza was good. Dough is fresh. We had the bbq chicken ordered a large cause we were hungry. It was huge. The owner himself sat and talked with us pretty much the whole time we were there. He seems to be very attentitive to his customers and his employees. He said making it right is the most important. If we were in the area we would eat here again. Overall a very good experience. Oh and waitress was very attentitive to us also. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant several times and it always serves wonderful food. It has a fun atmosphere with old records on the walls among other things for the decor.

It is a local, family owned business and I always enjoy going there with friends.

I have recommended it to others and they liked it so much that they recommended it too!

The wait staff is excellent and the service here is always good.

If you like the idea of patronizing a locally owned place with excellent food and service you have to give Tant's a try. You won't be disappointed.