The Columns of Tunica
US$65
QualityInn
Best Western Tunica Resort(Tunica)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$49
US$59
Travelocity
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 February 2013

The Columns of Tunica B&B is truly a home away from home. As Gloria leads you in through the back door, just like family, you feel that you are truly one of her family members. With a courteous little grandson who loves to "help" with the luggage as he points out interesting facts about "grandma Gloria's" house. I had chosen the TRAVEL MEMORIES ROOM because of the beautifully open feeling that the pictures showed. My mistake, however, was that it was on the 2nd floor, and my friend has trouble with stairs. BUT Gloria and Grandson helped with the luggage and we made it just fine. The room was just as beautiful as I had imagined. Husband Charles helped with the AWESOME breakfast and gave us suggestions on sites not to be missed.
My friend forgot her alarm clock and Gloria called us the next day to let us know and then mailed it to her upon our return. Above and Beyond, that's Gloria, Charles, and Grandson.

Room Tip: If stairs are not a problem, the Travel Memories Room is the way to go.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I was mortified when I read some of the reviews of some of the "casino" hotels and even tried to book a room north of Tunica to no avail. I was pleasantly surprised that this little jewel popped up on my "maps" app. Even though it was late, our gracious hostess welcomed us in to her bed and breakfast and helped us choose the perfect room for our stay. We decided on the queen suite with the adjoining private sunroom where there is plenty of room for lounging, watching tv or just sitting in the quiet and reading. She offers 4 charming rooms each of which are decorated with a most interesting theme and quite comfortable. Only one of the rooms has a full size bed-the other three have queen size beds. We were offered a wonderful breakfast of banana pecan waffles with thick sliced bacon, juice, coffee, and milk in the conservatory where you can look out on to the lawn and enjoy the local wildlife or read the paper. She mentioned that she sometimes will do a romantic dinner for two by request, or accommodate small groups for special meetings. I i enjoyed our stay so much I can't wait to think of a reason to go back

Room Tip: If you are awakened easily by sunshine, be sure to check out the window coverings in each bedroom. Our particular room was covered by crocheted lace curtains only. The largest room has its own thermostat, too!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed 7 September 2011

My husband and I went for a spur of the moment getaway. Clean, comfortable, charming bed and breakfast. Breakfast was delicious! We stayed in Grandmother's room. I think Gloria has thought of everything a guest could want or need. Close to Tunica Casinos and Memphis.

Room Tip: We were shown all the rooms. All were lovely and looked equally comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine T
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Not wanting to stay in the casino area for a short trip to Tunica, we stayed at The Columns of Tunia Bed and Breakfast. This Victorian country setting get-away was fabulous. All bed and breakfast are unique but The Columns is simple, quiet, romantic, hospitable,accomodating and the hosts, The Haileys, Gloria and Charles, offer the right balance between being warm and friendly and being respectful of our privacy.

We stayed in the Suite Memories room that was beautifully furnished and had all the makings of the ultimate romantic stay. Private bath with huge whirlpool tub, separate walk-in shower, candles, robes and huge thick towels. Sitting area with fireplace offered t.v, dvd player, cd player and in spacious sitting area outside room were cabinets offering magazines, books, music and movies. Comfy queen size bed with lots of pillows.

We enjoyed the candlelight dinner for two and next morning coffee and breakfast on back porch, watching squirrels play in the trees, was a pleasant and relaxing way to start the day.

This is a place to just getaway and forget the hectic schedules and deadlines and just sit in the peace and quiet of the back porch rocking chair, or in your room, fireplace going, soft music and candles and just r-e-l-a-x.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple