“Pricey but good”

Ranked #291 of 406 Restaurants in Branson
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Buffet
Description: WhipperSnappers - Home of the All-You-Can-Eat Lobster, Crab legs & Seafood Buffet.
Reviewed 20 March 2015

I have read some of the other reviews but wanted to try, because where else do you get all you can eat crab legs and lobster. I have tried other buffets that said that and you got old rubbery crab legs that would never snap and l versions of lobster was really crawfish. Here was different they had whole lobster and crab legs that snapped every time I did them. They always kept fresh crab legs and lobsters, Our waitress was very fun, and loved here Russian accent, she sat down and showed us the easy way of getting the tails out of the lobster ops their mistake on that one because I went to town on the lobster then, The crab legs was fresh and SNAPPED every time for me so I was able to tear those up as well, yes the $40 for the buffet was a bit pricey but she told us the price as soon as we got in there, and if you go to red lobster and get a lobster meal you will be paying $25-$30 or more depending on lobster meal.. I ate well worth my $40 in crab legs and lobster. The sides and other things was tasty as well, I had very little of the side stuff but that was ok with me, they had lobster, crab legs, fried clams, crawfish, fried fish, fish bites, fried shrimp, peel and eat shrimp, sides corn on the cob, green beans, corn nuggets, Cole slaw, potato salad, mac and cheese, and many other things I cant remember. Yes it does seem a little run down type of place but have seen that some of those places have the best service and fun atmosphere, the couple at table beside us also got the buffet and me and the one guy was having a contest and everyone else in there was having a good ole time, and I didn't have to worry about being prim and proper in a high end seafood restaurant when getting down and dirty with breaking apart seafood, so that was great. The server always had drinks full, plates cleared, and shell bowls cleaned which made me happy and not worried about getting more lol. If you expect a perfect seafood restaurant that you have to be prim and proper and cant get down and dirty with seafood don't go here.. But If you want fun and active environment with good service and can get medieval on some seafood while learning the ropes and not having to worry about getting every little piece of seafood by all means go here pay the $40 and get medieval with your food, get the main stuff and get rid of the rest. You will have fun......

2  Thank tazman569

Reviewed 19 March 2015

slip sliding away...
grease and pig snot could not describe my experience . please stay away. who could they possibly know to stay in business. Coyote in the cooler (health dept.)

8  Thank american49
Reviewed 19 March 2015

$40 per person including kids...yes my 4 yr old was $40. Terrible food and service. Will not ever go back and do not recommend it to others.

2  Thank 755jessicae
Reviewed 17 March 2015

We recommend this place 150%. Where else can you get a lobster and crab buffet. They do have menus if you dont want the buffet. Loved everything about it!

1  Thank Nicole D
Reviewed 12 March 2015

Large allll you can eat buffet (with or without lobster - tiny ones.) Very expensive with middle-of-the-road taste. Not one of my favorite seafood places, but them I'm not a giant fan of seafood to begin with.

2  Thank Larry W

Been to Whipper Snappers? Share your experiences!