“Great place to eat!”

Ranked #101 of 402 Restaurants in Branson
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Think you’ve tasted authentic Outback cuisine somewhere else? Think again! From grass-fed/grass-finished beef burgers, great steaks, and the freshest oysters in the Ozarks, Outback Branson serves up bold flavors to appeal to every taste.
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We had an early supper here & it was divine. We both ordered steaks & they were cooked correctly, tender, juicy & an excellent cut of meat. I could not have asked for better. They have different sides but we both got salads & potatoes. They offer appetizers, salads, entrees, seafood, sides & desserts. I loved the ambience of this restaurant. The grill was out in the open & you could watch your meal being prepared. Lots of Australian themed items throughout the restaurant. Great place to check out while in Branson!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Outback is on the strip - easy to get to. Fun spot, authentically Aussie! I had alligator tail, coconut shrimp, husband had steak and shrimp. All cooked well, and tasted great!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped for an early dinner. Had mushrooms for appetizer. They were loaded with cheese, bacon was adequate but not one baby shrimp found in any of the 4 we received. Salads are great cold, lettuce is crisp and dressings were tasty. My husband lives his coconut shrimp. My steak however was luke warm but was cooked medium well and my bake potato was even cooler-the butter patty never did melt. I'm sure will go back as my husband loves their shrimp. I'll just stick with soup and salad in the future

1  Thank TerryMO
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Literally the worst steak I've ever had. Though at first glance it looks like your typical Outback, soon the reality sinks in: lunch time but we're the only ones there; the bread rolls tasted like hush puppies; my beer was warm; and my steak tasted like it was marinated on a bed of oysters - I grimaced with every bite and I'm not exaggerating, and I can eat any steak smothered in A1 but this one I couldn't. The worst part? When the server came to the table asking if everything was ok, he was so nice I didn't have the heart to tell him (knowing I'd skewer them in the review later) so I said "Great!" $85 for two adults and two kids and felt like my bottom was aching when I walked out....

1  Thank Gerald S
Reviewed 25 September 2017

So I probably won't be back for a while... Been 15 years since I was last there - not much has changed. We did eat outside which was very nice. Appetizer was good. Salads were pretty bland - ceaser had no dressing that I could find. Steaks were good - probably a little over done for a medium but you never know. The service was polite but very slow and it was not busy at all. I can understand when it is busy and I am patient - but steak was luke warm when I got it which tells me it had been sitting a while. So - nice atmosphere - slow service and average food with Branson prices!

Been to Outback Steak & Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!