“STAY AWAY!!”

Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed 2 June 2017

I stayed here for a weekend, and would recommend everyone to STAY AWAY!!

Upon check in, I noticed stains on the bedding / sheets, I thought no big deal, and requested a change.

The day after I left the hotel at around 11AM, and returned close to 6/6:30PM. We arrived back at the hotel, to realize that no cleaning or turndown service was provided. I again nicely went down to the front desk to request at least change of towels, and some toiletries, while I left for dinner.
We returned later that night, and the horror began. I noticed all used dirty towels, where put back on the shelf to be re-used, some filthy ones where added to the pile as well. Instead of replacing the toilet paper, they just placed another roll on the counter, as if saying 'do it yourself', and the trash was not emptied either.

I thought of letting it go, since it was late at night. But then I noticed the worst part of it all, the bedding, once again! I found hairs all over that obviously did NOT belong to myself, stains all over, I kept pulling the sheets and noticed a big red bloody stain!!!!

I called up for a manager, and after waiting for 20-30 minutes one of the front desk employees came up, with an excuse that the manager was too busy!
(too busy, or gives no care to deal with issues??)
The employee was apologetic and provided an email for the manager on duty as well.

They again sent in a gentleman with fresh linen, and he replaced the bedding.
He was very nice, but it was VERY obvious that no training was ever provided to him. As he proceeded to replace the sheets, he threw the pillows on the floors. He then was about to put them back on the bed, as if they are fresh and clean. I had to request for them to be replaced as well, and explain to him that the floors are not very clean, and not a place to put 'clean' pillows on.

As for the hotel itself, it is noisy and dirty all over! A shame, cause it is a nice big hotel, with the means of truly being a 4 star hotel. The service I was however given, was less than of a 2 star hotel!
The elevator floors are always wet, from kids coming out / in of the pool (the pool itself looked nice).
They charge $10 for overnight parking, and add this to your bill without saying a word!

I will be fair and say the one good thing about this hotel was the gym. Roomy and many machines.

I did also contact headquarters and requested a refund, as I don't believe I was provided the service that I paid for. I was told this would be resolved within 24-48 hours, obviously so far no response!

Bottom line, STAY AWAY! I would stay away from this location, as well as any other Crowne Plaza hotels. There are plenty of other hotel brands that provide better, cleaner, and friendlier services.

This hotel definitely should NOT be listed as 4 star!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all!!
2  Thank SBandHG
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Hi SBandHG,

Thank you for taking the time in posting a review about our property on TripAdvisor. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and it is with regret that we were not able to meet your expectations of the IHG brand when it comes to staff service and cleanliness level. Our guest's comfort remains a priority and I am sorry for letting you feel otherwise. I would like to check into this further, thus, a private message was sent to you for me to be able to gather more information regarding your stay.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Once again used this motel for park and fly. Not disappointed. Nice room, great service and easy to get to. Only down side was that the lobby bar was not open on Sunday evening. Airport shuttle was fast getting there but a bit slow on the return. Was using a smaller van upon return and was overpacked.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

This place is awesome and everyone here is so helpful and friendly! Hats off to Dori the breakfast buffet lady and by the way this is the best breakfast buffet I have ever been to and many folks that have been here for meetings with me have made the same comment.
Hats off to Lester the lobby bar tender what a great guy and funny and full of stories and Madalynn the Sales Manager because of here and the great job she did a year or so ago we are coming back the end of June.
Best staff at a Crown Plaza!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Louis K
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I stay here often, its great, I always get a free upgrade without asking, friendly staff, comfy rooms, good showers, plenty of parking, fitness room is open 24 hours, has great new equipment. The only negative is they don't have there own restaurant as there is a TGI Fridays on site and its average at best.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrew_Steward
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We stayed over the weekend (Friday til Sunday) at this property. Initially we were in a room near the elevator, which was noisy. They graciously moved us and we very much enjoyed our stay. We ate breakfast in their restaurant each morning and the staff was very friendly. The food was also good. There is also a TGI Friday's on property. The hotel staff was very friendly and made you feel that they appreciated you staying there. The room was very clean, and had a comfortable bed. We'd recommend this hotel with no concerns.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
3.3 km away
7.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
6.9 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!