I stayed here for a weekend, and would recommend everyone to STAY AWAY!!
Upon check in, I noticed stains on the bedding / sheets, I thought no big deal, and requested a change.
The day after I left the hotel at around 11AM, and returned close to 6/6:30PM. We arrived back at the hotel, to realize that no cleaning or turndown service was provided. I again nicely went down to the front desk to request at least change of towels, and some toiletries, while I left for dinner.
We returned later that night, and the horror began. I noticed all used dirty towels, where put back on the shelf to be re-used, some filthy ones where added to the pile as well. Instead of replacing the toilet paper, they just placed another roll on the counter, as if saying 'do it yourself', and the trash was not emptied either.
I thought of letting it go, since it was late at night. But then I noticed the worst part of it all, the bedding, once again! I found hairs all over that obviously did NOT belong to myself, stains all over, I kept pulling the sheets and noticed a big red bloody stain!!!!
I called up for a manager, and after waiting for 20-30 minutes one of the front desk employees came up, with an excuse that the manager was too busy!
(too busy, or gives no care to deal with issues??)
The employee was apologetic and provided an email for the manager on duty as well.
They again sent in a gentleman with fresh linen, and he replaced the bedding.
He was very nice, but it was VERY obvious that no training was ever provided to him. As he proceeded to replace the sheets, he threw the pillows on the floors. He then was about to put them back on the bed, as if they are fresh and clean. I had to request for them to be replaced as well, and explain to him that the floors are not very clean, and not a place to put 'clean' pillows on.
As for the hotel itself, it is noisy and dirty all over! A shame, cause it is a nice big hotel, with the means of truly being a 4 star hotel. The service I was however given, was less than of a 2 star hotel!
The elevator floors are always wet, from kids coming out / in of the pool (the pool itself looked nice).
They charge $10 for overnight parking, and add this to your bill without saying a word!
I will be fair and say the one good thing about this hotel was the gym. Roomy and many machines.
I did also contact headquarters and requested a refund, as I don't believe I was provided the service that I paid for. I was told this would be resolved within 24-48 hours, obviously so far no response!
Bottom line, STAY AWAY! I would stay away from this location, as well as any other Crowne Plaza hotels. There are plenty of other hotel brands that provide better, cleaner, and friendlier services.
This hotel definitely should NOT be listed as 4 star!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport hotel offers a convenient lodging option, just one mile from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport. Business and leisure travelers alike can take advantage of complimentary round-trip airport shuttle service, which runs from 4 a.M. To midnight, and midnight to 1 a.M. Daily. Meals are made easy with on-site dining. This modern hotel features three dining options, including a full-service TGI Friday's; Clouds Restaurant, featuring a deluxe breakfast buffet; and The Atrium Bar, serving wine, beer and cocktails daily. After a long day of work or play, guests can relax in spacious accommodations, featuring plush seven-layer bedding, a flat-panel cable TV, high-speed wired and wireless Internet, and added bonuses like a soothing sleep kit. Top-notch services complete any stay. Guests can also enjoy chic amenities like a newly renovated health and fitness center, an indoor heated swimming pool, a concierge lounge and business center, and more. Situated minutes from STL Airport, Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport is an ideal option for sightseeing, business travel, special events and more. Reserve a guest room at an exceptional rate today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport Hotel Bridgeton
- Crowne Plaza Bridgeton
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Bridgeton