“This brand Is Off My List”

Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed 8 December 2016

I used to stay at Hampton Inn's a few years back. After several really bad stays nationwide, this one included, this brand is off my list. The Hampton Inn's were built 20 years ago and never updated. I pulled up to this one at 7 pm. There is no exterior lighting. The sign is dimly lit, the entire hotel is dark with all the shades pulled, and the lobby entrance is barely discernible due to dark interior. The Bathroom vanity had clearly sustained huge water damage and was rotted and broken at the bottom. The dark carpet showed the poor vacuuming job done by housekeeping. The little electrical box on the nightstand to plug in phone was on par with a motor home. Someone had attempted to touch up the trim paint but clearly used the wrong color so it just looks trashy. It's cold, dark, damp, doggy and depressing. So much for hotels saving on "green lighting initiatives".

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Chuck M, General Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I’m sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. Our goal is that every guest at our hotel feels welcome and has a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I’m sorry that this was not the case with you.

I hope that if you are in the area again that you will give us the opportunity to change your opinion and let you know how much we really do value all of guests. .

Should you have any further concerns or additional comments, please let me know. I can be reached by email at chuck.meckfessel@Hilton.com

Reviewed 7 December 2016

I stayed here this week, and the staff were very friendly. Cleanliness, service, food and room appointments were what you'd expect from a well run Hampton Inn. Gym equipment was in good condition...theres a pool and breakfast was decent. I booked through trip advisor and saved $10.00 over the hotel website rate !

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2016

We stayed here for several days while visiting family in the area. The hotel is in a good location for shopping and convenient to the Interstate although also presents the downside that there can be some traffic noise during the day. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was better than some places since it included some hot options. We would stay here again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side away from the road.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2016

Was checked into a room clear on opposite side 2nd floor to get up there with my mother and luggage and neither key card would work, so went clear back to front desk to have her move us to a complete different room on end hall first floor so had to go back 2nd floor get luggage and mother and go different room all on a bad knee which us why I was staying there for surgery next am, little irritating

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Great experience. Service was great, attention to make sure our stay was as good as they can make it. I will definitely recommend this hotel to any person that need to stay in the area. I will definitely select this hotel next time I visit my daughter,

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us and you great review!!!!

We look forward to seeing you again.