Seven Gables Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria(Richmond Heights)
The Cheshire(Saint Louis)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno elevatorcontinental breakfastsmall hotelmolly darcychain hotelhistoric buildingfirst floorchocolate chip cookiesflat screendowntown claytoncomfortable bedlouis areast louisparkingvaletcheshiredesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Traveled here for a weekend visit. Property is located in a 1920's era building which was at some point rehabbed into a small hotel with onsite restaurant.

Major pros - will not mistake this for a chain hotel. Very quaint, rooms are nice sized, clean, very comfortable beds, good wifi and TV. Many nearby dining options, including on site restaurant / pub, which was real nice. Very helpful staff, informal but attentive.

Major con - If you have lots of luggage, don't refuse help getting to your room if its on the second or third floor. No elevators, just stairs. Property is clean, but older. One thing I wished is that they would wash the windows facing the courtyard - when I looked out one of my second floor windows, it was very dusty and hard to see out of.

This could be a fun option if you travel a lot and the fairfield inn isn't cutting it for you, or you want a more intimate experience. Some rooms located right above the bar can be noisy, but the others are very quiet. Staff is informal but very friendly, housekeeping is a bit slow but they get the job done and I didn't see any of the dirt that some other reviewers complained of.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JMMtx1960
Reviewed 23 April 2017

We were in a comfortable, clean and attractive junior suite. The furnishings were like home; the mattress better. The staff are the high point - all were friendly and rushed to help us with everything.

Thank you for offering us such fine hospitality!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cavestraveller
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Such a disappointment!!! The hotel is not clean, the stairs were never vacuumed, there was no elevator and I had to ask some one to carry my luggage to my room. The room was less than clean, carpet not clean, baseboards with dust(noticed when I had to find an electrical outlet). There were no inviting warm cookies, happy hour was old looking cheese and stale crackers , cheap wine. The bed linen is old and grey. Not very inviting for a weary traveler. I had to walk down to the lobby to get my own ice per the receptionist on the phone when I called down, and the ice bucket had no lid. I really did not like the dark, cold restaurant that looked less than appealing for a meal. I was afraid the food would be the same. I am advising my company to not use this hotel as a preferred hotel. Just awful!!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Rhonda C
GablesManager, General Manager at Seven Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

In regards to our Hotel being terrible, we have retrained all our hotel staff, and is now in the process of renovating our entire hotel. We have currently updated our first and third floors and we are slated to renovate the second floor this year. in addition to our renovations we have remodeled our main floor bathrooms, painted the exterior of the building and updated our HVAC on the third floor and are continuing to update the HVAC on the second and first floors as well.

Housekeeping clean and shampoo our carpets weekly, and we also have them professionally cleaned quarterly. Our rooms cleaned and refurnished daily, and laundry are cleaned and washed daily as well.

We do apologize for your inconvenience with having no elevator.

We also offer wine and cheese, Monday thru Thursday from 5pm to 7pm, which consist of three different types of fresh cheeses and three different types of fresh crackers, complimented with our white or red house wine.

our cookies are baked fresh daily , from 5pm to 7pm, Monday - Saturday.

Molly Darcys hours are: 11am to 11Pm Monday thru Friday, and their Happy Hours are: 4pm to 7pm Monday thru Friday.

Our food is cooked to order daily.

We hope this addresses some of your concerns and will allow you to come again and give us another chance to provide you with the experience and service you deserve.

God Bless You!

Stacy Wallace

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We received warm, welcoming service at the Seven Gables Inn. All the staff were friendly and informative about things to do in the area. The hotel was clean with nice decor. Our room was clean. The bed was mega comfortable. Best warm chocolate cookies ever. Only downside is no elevator.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

We do thank you for giving feedback of our hotel, we take all our guest feedback very seriously. We hope and we're looking to see you again.

God Bless You!

Stacy Wallace

Reviewed 26 March 2017

The feel was very cozy and the room had a nice theme to it. The valet was very helpful and always available when needed. The front desk was helpful with letting me know where things were in the area since i am not from St. Louis. Molly Darcy's food was excellent and have some of the best fish and chips I have had in my life! Overall it was a very pleasant stay with excellent service. I would definitely recommend it and will stay again when i am in town.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business